heh...you go Nuge

Why all the blather about deciding for other people what they can and cannot put in their bodies, and then say this?

I guess it comes down to personal responsibility.

You could have left it at that. Sometimes you have to put on the big boy pants and make decisions for yourself. It's not the government's responsibility to keep you from hurting yourself, if you choose to do so.

As for drug control policies, look at this country, and then look at say, Portugal:

December 2007 http://www.idpc.net/sites/default/files/library/BFDPP_BP_14_EffectsOfDecriminalisation_EN.pdf.pdf
The statistical indicators suggest that since the decriminalization in July 2001, the following developments have occurred:
Increased use of cannabis.
Decreased use of heroin.
Increased uptake of treatment.
Reduction in drug related deaths.

April 7th 2009 5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results
Street drug related deaths from overdoses drop and the rate of HIV cases crashes

April 26 2009 Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report

November 23 2010 Portugal's Drug Experience: New Study Confirms Decriminalization Was a Success
The outcome, after nearly a decade, according to a study published in the November issue of the British Journal of Criminology: less teen drug use, fewer HIV infections, fewer AIDS cases and more drugs seized by law enforcement. Adult drug use rates did slightly increase — but this increase was not greater than that seen in nearby countries that did not change their drug policies. The use of drugs by injection declined.

I'm having a hard time thinking of how I would live my life differently if the government just up and disappeared tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is I would go buy a machine gun immediately.

I'd get a shoulder thingy that goes up!!!!

Marijuana's just a gateway drug and coke and opium just make individuals highly dysfunctional (which is why I disagree with some of the Libertarians -just look at those liberal European countries that allow drugs, they've got some deep societal problems.)The libs love their drugs because they're lazy slackers and their New World Order masters encourage the masses to drug themselves up so they don't realize that they are being repressed and taken advantage of. And he's right, most of the drug users eschew their responsibilities and duties as good citizens and would be unfit to own firearms.

Did you just step out of a middle school DARE class and copy the pamphlet? Ridiculous. Europe's problems societal problems have nothing to do with drugs, just stupidity in government and politics. Same as people who can't control themselves over here and kill themselves with drugs. And if they do so what? The problem takes care of itself. If someone commits a crime on drugs, throw them in jail, just like you would a sober person. What's the difference.

You cite personal responsibility, while supporting laws taking that (supposedly/laughably) out of the equation. Right. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom