Having a long gun shipped

Garys

NES Member
If I go to another state where I legally purchase a long gun in person, can I have that shipped to my home address? Does it matter if it's a C&R or not?

Gary

I think you are stuck. Easier to just bring it back with you.

B

EDIT: If you have a C&R I think you can have it shipped as long as it's a C&R firearm.

Yes, you as the owner (you can only buy from an FFL in another state, no private transfers per Fed Law) can ship ANY long gun to yourself (as long as the gun is legal for you to own in your home state).

C&R status is irrelevant to shipping.

I learn something new everyday. Do you know if it has to be your legal residence?

B

Len, out of curiosity, can you ship a handgun in the same manner? Using your FL vacation example. Ship to yourself and then back again.

Yeah, but I'd much rather hear it from you. [wink]

You mean THIS guy:

Car5-0481.jpg

[smile] Just funnin' ya, Len... [wink]

A horse and wagon would have been an improvement over Car 5! That was a "gift" from the MA Governor to each town for traffic enforcement. That particular Shit-verlot was so unreliable that the trunk lid would pop open unaided, it would sometimes stall out on acceleration, etc. Our Chief at the time said he would have liked to drive it up to the Statehouse and give it back to the Governor! [thinking]

Those were the Highway Safety cars. Each town got one, I think. No matter what color scheme the town might have used at the time, it had to remain White. Even Revere and Stoughton, which had slime Lime cruisers back then had one White car.

Gary

Yup, I think it was Gov. Ed King's program that gave them out, along with one radar unit . . . to each city and town.

The time sounds about right, it was the mid 1970s or so. I remember a good number of Dodges and Fords too. It probably depended on the year. That looks like a 77 or 78 Chevrolet.

Gary

The time sounds about right, it was the mid 1970s or so. I remember a good number of Dodges and Fords too. It probably depended on the year. That looks like a 77 or 78 Chevrolet.

Gary

Plymouth got a Dodge. I Got my first speeding ticket from that car[smile] The officer was a prick.

Back
Top Bottom