• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Haverhill recent grad shot and killed.

Mike in less than 10 minutes from there you are in Lawrence or the "best" parts of Haverhill

10 minutes is an eternity. Using that logic the people who live in big $ houses in dedham are like 10 minutes from Roxbury, lol.

In Mass there is SHIT in "every direction in 10 minutes" until you get west of 495. [laugh]

-Mike

The neighborhood means nothing in this case for that exact reason. The associates you have is everything. Unfortunately another young person is lost who knows to what.

Last edited:
Holy shit, that's 7 house from my brothers house. I parked on Rainbow Drive on X-mas eve. It's Haverhill, but it's the Bradford/Ward Hill area. Nicest part of Haverhill as far as I know. My brother didn't say anything @ work today, then again it was pretty busy. I just texted him.

He just texted me back, said my nephew hung out with him when they were younger. My nephew is 17 and he was at work today too and didn't say anything. Maybe because I was yelling at him all day. I'm not sure if I'm worse as an Uncle or a Boss.

It's not Wellesley, but my brothers house is worth 450 plus and he has 100 feet of frontage on the Merrimack with a dock.

450,000 your brothers house.

Oh yeah, I always think Rocks Village is Merrimac, I just hate having to re-route trucks around that tinfoil bridge.
Can't say I've spent a lot of time in Haverhill in the last 3 decades, but I used to. Mostly between Lafayette Square,Primrose Street & Washington Square. I think the name of the sub shop by the RR Bridge with the Arlington Trust Billboard on it is Mediterranean Subs, great Steak & Cheese. I also used to frequent a dive bar that I think is called the Lantern, across from Burns Auto Parts. Yeah, this is the Haverhill I remember.

Ahh , but do you remember BoBo's roast beef?
If you could finish one of those subs he made you had to have not eaten in two days and stoned to the gills .[smile]

If you could finish one of those subs he made you had to have not eaten in two days and stoned to the gills .[smile]

Bobo bennadettis.....home of the rocket. Yup......that was a big ass sammich

Last edited:
The neighborhood means nothing in this case for that exact reason. The associates you have is everything. Unfortunately another young person is lost who knows to what.
Yeah, one thing I am thankful is that the Haverhill licensing officer is the kind of guy that believes in the 2a.

The first time I applied he almost had to cancel the apt because the night before there was a murder and they had been out searching that night.

When I was appreciative/expressing that I was glad he didn't cancel he implied he was glad he could make the appt because of the importance of the guns being in mostly good people's hands.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah, one thing I am thankful is that the Haverhill licensing officer is the kind of guy that believes in the 2a.

The first time I applied he almost had to cancel the apt because the night before there was a murder and they had been out searching that night.

When I was appreciative/expressing that I was glad he didn't cancel he implied he was glad he could make the appt because of the importance of the guns being in mostly good people's hands.

I've said it on NES a few times......detective Corthell is one of the good ones!

The good detective was also very helpful in my green card quest.

450,000 your brothers house.

Well, he bought it over 20 years ago and he'll never get out of it what he put into it, but I'd think he'd get at least 400,000. He got a nice big back yard and a beautiful view of the river.

I don't remember BoBo's. Most of my youth in Haverhill was spent at the Haverhill Rink and the Store 24 in Lafayette Square, Hale Hospital when it was still on Buttonwoods Ave, the Schwinn Bike Shop on 97, Service Merchandise in Bradford. In my later youth, I took my driving test at the Haverhill Registry and appeared before Hanging Judge Sullivan a few times. That really sucked because I grew up with his kids.

Ok.....now your talking about the bad sections LOL[smile]

I spent my time in the " Bad Sections " in my early 20's, when I was between wives.

I've said it on NES a few times......detective Corthell is one of the good ones!
I've never met the man but I've heard that too, from his brother, who has worked for me for years. His brother is also one of the good ones.

When I went to a public high school in a town not much different from there, there were at least two or three stupidly rich kids in my class. One of them lived on one of the biggest pieces of property in town. Not every rich kid goes to prep school. I had one kid in my class with a brand new BMW and another one with a Jeep Wrangler 2 door that his parents bought him. All the rest of us had shitboxes that we bought with money we scraped together, lol.

-Mike
This is true, i went to trade school with Spag's Grandson. Granted, he is not Bill Gates but he was pretty rich

Back
Top Bottom