Has anybody ever conducted the Rhode Island Target test.

I can't find the specific requirements other than 25 yards, Army L target, slow fire over 10 minutes. 195/300. Is that it? Can it be done seated, standing? bench rest. Can anybody explain to me how to run one correctly.

I know it's for Rhode Island and all, but I absolutely will not accept a paper bag with unmarked bills from any one! This has to be completely legitimate.

I know that Rob Boudrie has conducted this test for RI applicants at the Hopkinton Sportsmen's club in the past and keeps a few "Army L" targets on hand for that purpose.

Michael.

Any NRA certified handgun instructor can run the test. Just get your Army L targets, be sure you are at the proper distance, and blast away. I'm not sure if there is a requirement to do so, but I've always run this qual from the standing position. The minimum test score is fairly generous IMO - if you can't score the minimum, you are probably a lousy shot IMO. LOL.

Thanks, I sort of figured this. But it's nice to have confirmation. I might have a chance to run one next week. Looking forward to adding another arrow to my quiver.

Back
Top Bottom