Harvard USPSA 4-13

I thought the Big Match was last week at Westfield, where I beat you[smile]

If its raining, I'm not going to Harvard, spent enough time in the rain

[shocked] Oh, no you didn't, now you better be there! I've got my own lessons for you. Plus, it will probably be your last match as a B.

Rain? Only Pete stays in if its raining.

Seriously, last I checked it was only a 25% chance of rain.

If its raining, I'm not going to Harvard, spent enough time in the rain

How in the heck did you get so damn old so damn fast? I can still remember when you were just a young pup looking for any chance to bust a cap. And now look at you ... ... one whole year later.

How in the heck did you get so damn old so damn fast? I can still remember when you were just a young pup looking for any chance to bust a cap. And now look at you ... ... one whole year later.

Yeah, but I gotta keep it fun otherwise I'll burn out and lose focus of my goals.

Steve, perhaps you should change the thread name to: What, a USPSA match this week also?

Mike- add to the list of things to hate about yourself- hate your being afraid of a little rain.
and it was "fire ants" which are far meaner than just ants

Steve, perhaps you should change the thread name to: What, a USPSA match this week also?

Mike- add to the list of things to hate about yourself- hate your being afraid of a little rain.

Hey, you have someone tell you over and over and over how much he hates your gun, see what that does to you....

Last edited:
[shocked] Oh, no you didn't, now you better be there! I've got my own lessons for you. Plus, it will probably be your last match as a B.

Rain? Only Pete stays in if its raining.

Seriously, last I checked it was only a 25% chance of rain.

I seriously hope it rains like a MOFO tomorrow and I'm the only idiot standing out there and I will win the match before it even begins. I'll be there rain or shine....

As for the rain, I was standing out in the rain last Friday just like you guys were getting soaked beyond belief. You guys had an advantage though because I thought we were shooting inside all weekend and didn't bring any outdoor gear. Luckily my Pella jacket was somewhat waterproof.

What's the comment about Mikes gun? Did T.J. not like it??? At my class I was told my gun was a frigen spaceship and not a gun!!!

See you guys in the (hopefully) rain tomorrow A.M.

Pete

What's the comment about Mikes gun? Did T.J. not like it???

Yeah, Todd didn't like it. We were all standing around in a circle after last match, Todd was telling each of us what we need to work on. He must have said 3-4 times how much he didn't like my gun. He doesn't like the shorties, says the slide speed to high, but he also said everyones gun were over sprung.

I think most of it is personal preference, But since I haven't shot a fullsize for more than a few rounds, so I don't have anything to compare it too.

Yeah, Todd didn't like it. We were all standing around in a circle after last match, Todd was telling each of us what we need to work on. He must have said 3-4 times how much he didn't like my gun. He doesn't like the shorties, says the slide speed to high, but he also said everyones gun were over sprung.

I think most of it is personal preference, But since I haven't shot a fullsize for more than a few rounds, so I don't have anything to compare it too.

He's prob. just jealous because he can't have one. He's stuck with shooting Para's... HAHA I like the shorty guns as they feel more like a limited gun. I guess I too haven't spent a ton of time with a full size but I'll stick with my shorties.

Are you buying a 5" gun now?

He's prob. just jealous because he can't have one. He's stuck with shooting Para's... HAHA I like the shorty guns as they feel more like a limited gun. I guess I too haven't spent a ton of time with a full size but I'll stick with my shorties.

Are you buying a 5" gun now?

I'm sticking with the shorty also. Too much other stuff to work on, changing guns wouldn't make a difference

...he also said everyones gun were over sprung.

What does "over sprung" mean? Too strong of a recoil spring?

Sounds like tomorrow's match is shaping up to be a winner. Nothing like a little trash talking to get the competitive juices flowing. I hope the verbal abuse isn't just limited to you Open Division shooters. :)

Looks like I'll have to wait until next month to make a Harvard match as I'll be shooting steel tomorrow. Although, the steel crew is a bit soft and won't shoot in the rain so maybe I'll try to get to Harvard if my Plan A gets rained out.

I do like that USPSA shooting is like football. Weather is irrelevant.

-Cuz

What does "over sprung" mean? Too strong of a recoil spring?

-Cuz

Yep, to heavy a recoil spring. TJ said to run a spring as light as the gun will run with. I dropped to a 7lb from a 9lb, not sure if I will go lighter, I didn't feel that much difference. TJ said he runs a 4lb in his open and an 8lb in a limited gun

Yep, to heavy a recoil spring. TJ said to run a spring as light as the gun will run with. I dropped to a 7lb from a 9lb, not sure if I will go lighter, I didn't feel that much difference. TJ said he runs a 4lb in his open and an 8lb in a limited gun

Would that be when shooting light steel loads or for Major PF loads? Seems like that could really give your gun a beating. Probably also have to replace the spring fairly often as well.

Yeah that would be my concern. Having the right tool to get the job done is a big part of shooting but practice will overcome any disadvantages a shorty or full size open gun would bring. Plus, a lot of it is personal preference.

Would that be when shooting light steel loads or for Major PF loads? Seems like that could really give your gun a beating. Probably also have to replace the spring fairly often as well.

This was for Major PF, I asked him if it would beat up the frame, he said if the parts were fitted properly then there would not be any issues, any burrs that were formed, just file them down and the parts would eventually mate to each other. He said he had guns in the 200K+ plus range with no issues

Great match, huge turnout

It's been years since I've been to a match so I don't know exactly how many folks show up for Harvard's matches these days but I went to my first match in awhile today and had a blast as usual. I was #91 and I'm fairly sure I wasn't the last person to sign up.

-Nat

Fun Match

Thanks to all of the Harvard crew! Fun as usual.
Looking forward to a fun, yet possibly frustrating season.
See you next time.

This wasn't the usual turnout for a monthly match and we sincerely appreciate the support. There were 85 shooters in total (the shooter registration numbers left some space for walk-ins, so #91 wasn't the actual count). All the competitors worked exceptionally hard and the day ran super smooth. We really hope that everyone enjoyed the match and we promise an even higher round count for May.

Thanks for all the hard work Dan and also to the rest of the Harvard crew, it was a fun match, and as much as it pains me... congrats to Steve on the Open win.

Thanks Mike. We all shot well, just a little inconsistent. I was shocked when I saw the results though. It was a battle. Any way it turns out, as long as we're keeping the pressure high and making every stage important, I'm happy because I'm really looking towards all of our crew finishing high at the big matches like A7 and Summerblast.

However, the highlight of the day was definitely the visit from Paul Taylor. He's looking good!

natf, you shot with us. Nice to meet you.

Thank you to all the Harvard crew!

What an awesome match today. It felt great to get outside again. Thanks to everyone at Haavad for another great one.

Some how the 7 steel penalties from the girl that shot just before me on stage six ended up in my score [shocked] - that actually was a clean stage for me. I also had been given an extra penalty on stage 3 that should have been corrected in the palm but was not.

I e-mailed Gary pleading for corrections to be made to my score.[smile]

Great job Steve and Scott!

natf, you shot with us. Nice to meet you.

I recognized Dan's name, but I didn't hear GTOShootr called to the line. [wink] I think I saw the shirt though. It was nice meeting you guys too, good squad. Just wish I didn't mess up stage 2 and 3 so bad. Stage 2 exposed the problem with putting on your IPSC gear for the first time in three years at the match and stage 3 was just a total brain fart from miscounting the targets while doing my pre stage mental walk through. Very happy with the other 4 stages though.

-Nat

It def. was a fun match. It's great to be outside again... Maybe next time I'll have a better match. Congrats to Steve great job!!! Keep up the great shooting you're really improving on a match to match basis. Next time I need to remember to shoot at ALL the targets. LOL

Pete

What an awesome match today. It felt great to get outside again. Thanks to everyone at Haavad for another great one.

Some how the 7 steel penalties from the girl that shot just before me on stage six ended up in my score [shocked] - that actually was a clean stage for me. I also had been given an extra penalty on stage 3 that should have been corrected in the palm but was not.

I e-mailed Gary pleading for corrections to be made to my score.[smile]

Great job Steve and Scott!

I think a got dinged an extra mike, not that it will have impact on the scores. When working with the Palms in a plastic bag covered in rain, mistakes happen

Back
Top Bottom