Hardness testing for cast

Does anyone have the means to test brinell hardness on cast lead bullets? I know I can buy kits and all but don't want to spend 50 bucks to test one bullet. I have some 405gr cast bullets I did up for one of my 45/70's and found a recipe that's shooting one ragged hole at 100. Problem is, I cast these up in a batch and can't remember if I used wheel weights, pure lead with bar solder added ect

Once I know the hardness I'd like to order a certified alloy of the same.

99% of my casting is volume pistol bullets but I cast for 45/70 as well and this combo is shooting lights out awesome, and I'm running out of this batch of bullets.

if someone can, I'll mail you a few bullets and if you can tell me the hardness that would be awesome.

There was a member who did some for me....for the life of me I can't remember the nes name.

I'm sure someone will come along and be kind enough to hook a brother up! I'd really like to duplicate this load as close as possible. I'm talking one ragged hole at 100 with buckhorn irons!

I'm sure someone will come along and be kind enough to hook a brother up! I'd really like to duplicate this load as close as possible. I'm talking one ragged hole at 100 with buckhorn irons!

Maybe you finally got better at shooting[smile]

Back
Top Bottom