Handguard Suggestions?

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
Hey guys and gals

If you saw my thread on a 300BO Barrel you know I'm planning on switching my upper from 556 to 300BO.
I want to get a longer handguard for it.
Let me preface this with saying I'm not a big AR guy and don't keep up with who makes what.
I currently have a 7.5" Troy alpha rail on it. It worked for the M&P ORC without changing the gas block.
I like that keymod kind of rail with a round tube and a picatinny on top.
Does anyone make a similar rail at a better price? I'm looking for 15" or so I figure something new might have hit the streets in the 4 years since I bought that handguard. If not I'll stick with Troy.
Thanks to all!

Last handguard I bought was a Matrix Arms Victor - 15" Keymod. It's not breaking any new ground in handguard design, but it works fine and is relatively cheap. I bought from an outfit called Chandler Hardwoods (which did not ship quickly), JobBob Outfitters has them as well.

It is a clamp to barrel nut design without anti-rotation tabs, so perhaps not what I would pick for a hard duty rifle. It's on a range and varmint rifle, so I'm not concerned. The Midwest Industries M-lok I bought before this one for a midlength might be a slightly better handguard, but cost more.

I'd buy either of those again, it would just depend on what I was putting them on.

Thanks guys.
I bit the bullet and went with the Troy.
I liked the MWI but the savings wasn't much.
I can see some more uppers in my future though so I'll have to explore some more options.

Back
Top Bottom