Hand Wringing Over Our South African Friends

I'm sure most of the ammo is gone... the whining is about transactions
that happened a long time ago.

I for one am pissed at the dumbass US laws which require old military small
arms ammo to be demilled. We could be getting shitloads of LC milsurp
through CMP or whoever, at least during times of peace, but instead, some douche like
clinton said that they had to destroy the ammo. [angry] [crying]

-Mike

through CMP or whoever, at least during times of peace, but instead, some douche like

Mike

The U.S. government could be recouping almost the entire cost of the ammunition that WE the people have already paid for if it were sold. It's destruction is completely unjustifiable and wrong, logically, financially, morally and ethically.

My brother in law worked for the embassy service all over the world. When he was in New Zealand he had to dispose of crates full of WWII era M1911s... all in perfect working order, coated in cosmo. I can only imagine that happens/ed at embassies all over the world...

-Mike

My brother in law worked for the embassy service all over the world. When he was in New Zealand he had to dispose of crates full of WWII era M1911s... all in perfect working order, coated in cosmo. I can only imagine that happens/ed at embassies all over the world...

What you call the "embassy service" is, in fact, the United States Department of State. IT administers all diplomatic missions, including embassies and consulates.

Now tell us how that mission possibly includes destruction of military ordnance. [rolleyes]

What you call the "embassy service" is, in fact, the United States Department of State. IT administers all diplomatic missions, including embassies and consulates.

Now tell us how that mission possibly includes destruction of military ordnance. [rolleyes]

Maybe something like this. http://www.state.gov/m/ds/protection/c8756.htm Although the USMC provides uniformed protection to the embassies, this agency and the Bureau of Diplomatic Security are very, very likely to be armed. Maybe if we knew what Matt's brother in law did for the Department of State, it would be more clear as to how he ended up being in charge of weapons disposal.

Or not.

Gary

Maybe something like this. http://www.state.gov/m/ds/protection/c8756.htm Although the USMC provides uniformed protection to the embassies, this agency and the Bureau of Diplomatic Security are very, very likely to be armed. Maybe if we knew what Matt's brother in law did for the Department of State, it would be more clear as to how he ended up being in charge of weapons disposal.

Or not.

Maybe. As to both.

It still seems unlikely that embassy staff would be disposing of milsurp handguns, especially as it was apparently fully functional.

You all need to turn in your SA battlepacks, you are breaking the law by having them.
However, I will do you the favor of disposing of them for you! No need to thank me, I am just being a good citizen.

Ed was an army Sargent involved in military intelligence and was a liaison to the embassy service from the military. In many embassies the staffing is short. There is not a big Marine contingent in New Zealand, so he had to do this. I think it was South Korea he sent them to. shame...

Last edited:
Maybe. As to both.

It still seems unlikely that embassy staff would be disposing of milsurp handguns, especially as it was apparently fully functional.

how can you assume that its unlikely that this had taken place and that an embassy staff would not despose ammo. Its the Government, they do what they like.

how can you assume that its unlikely that this had taken place and that an embassy staff would not despose [sic] [of] ammo. Its the Government [sic], they [sic] do what they [sic] like.

It was not "ammo, it was, as the article expressly stated, "WWII era M1911s" - in short, military weapons.

Embassies and consulates are under the Department of State, not any branch of the military. It is therefore unlikely that they would be involved in the destruction of military assets.

Back
Top Bottom