• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hampshire College Students Burn Campus Flag on Night Before Vets Day

Yup, I watched that episode. Kid is clueless and when Tucker asked him about diversity on campus he said he was there to be around his fellow libtards and Tucker had a field day. Clueless little rich pussy. His parents I'm sure are impressed w/their investment of $62,000 a year to produce a bigoted, thin skinned pajama boy.
"The wealth of my parents was garnered off of slavery. The land that this institution and the land my parents live on back in Portland were taken from native people."

"Why aren't you in Washington state picking apples instead of consuming $62,000 of education that comes from 'blood money'?"

"I'm not here to defend Hampshire College."

Yup, I watched that episode. Kid is clueless and when Tucker asked him about diversity on campus he said he was there to be around his fellow libtards and Tucker had a field day. Clueless little rich pussy. His parents I'm sure are impressed w/their investment of $62,000 a year to produce a bigoted, thin skinned pajama boy.

[puke2]

- - - Updated - - -

"The wealth of my parents was garnered off of slavery. The land that this institution and the land my parents live on back in Portland were taken from native people."

"Why aren't you in Washington state picking apples instead of consuming $62,000 of education that comes from 'blood money'?"

"I'm not here to defend Hampshire College."

I bet his mom and dad are regretting not eating him when he was young.

Sunday November 27th at 1:00 pm there is a group planning to show support of the flag at Hampshire College.

This is a peaceful display of the American Flag. Anyone can bring a Flag and proudly display it.

Because the anonymous, spineless pathetic pukes were apparently upset by the election..... College administrators seem to want "to discuss" what happened -

Sad part is that the kid(s) probably didn't even realize it was Veteran's Day!

they are lucky they did not try that down south, like in Tennessee. they would be in the slammer right now.

they are lucky they did not try that down south, like in Tennessee. they would be in the slammer right now.
That's better?

I find their arguments ridiculous and intellectually lightweight, but having government agents imprison people because they disagree with their views is worse. Much worse.

Let everyone's ideas fight it out so we keep the best ones. That's the real strength of our country, not flag waving. These SJW's had their asses handed to them in open debate. I'm with Picton on this.

I will defend to my death your right to free speech: no matter how ****ed up your ideas are.
CPT Palmer Phillips, USA
10th Mountain Division

Last edited:
Sunday November 27th at 1:00 pm there is a group planning to show support of the flag at Hampshire College.

This is a peaceful display of the American Flag. Anyone can bring a Flag and proudly display it.

Opening line from a letter to the editor of the Daily Hampshire Gazette, our local rag, about the counter-protest:

"I am really frightened when I see a large crowd of people waving the American flag."

Sigh, and I have to live among these people.

Opening line from a letter to the editor of the Daily Hampshire Gazette, our local rag, about the counter-protest:

"I am really frightened when I see a large crowd of people waving the American flag."

If if they want to really know fear, go to a place many people are waving ISIS flags, let me know how that works out.

Dbags.

These type of op-eds need a response containing a few words, "Who cares?! Who cares if you're frightened? They're using the same free speech you used. So, go take a long walk off a short pier because no one gives a damn about your feelings."

They caved into the suppression and old glory is flying again. It's probably at half staff or upside down.

How long until it's lit on fire? I say by noon time.

was looking at hampshire college. They only get maybe $7 million a year in federal grants. But still, that would be worth withholding on them until they start paying respect to our flag again.

Just got a few emails from the Hampshire Alumni office... I guess the bubble burst a little, but they still want hugs?
"Below is a statement I released to the Hampshire community this morning, following the raising of the U.S. flag on Hampshire's main flagpole. Over the past two weeks we've had numerous thoughtful, engaged discussions on campus, and we are committed to continuing this dialogue.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Lash

This morning we raised the United States flag to full staff at Hampshire College after a two-week discussion period about what the flag means to members of the Hampshire community. College leadership, including the board of trustees, decided on November 18 to lower the flag for a time to encourage uninhibited expression of deeply held viewpoints.

We are alarmed by the overt hate and threats, especially toward people in marginalized communities, which have escalated in recent weeks. We did not lower the flag to make a political statement. Nor did we intend to cause offense to veterans, military families, or others for whom the flag represents service and sacrifice. We acted solely to facilitate much-needed dialogue on campus about how to dismantle the bigotry that is so prevalent in our society. We understand that many who hold the flag as a powerful symbol of national ideals and their highest aspirations for the country—including members of our own community—felt hurt by our decisions, and that we deeply regret.

The dialogue we have experienced so far is the first step of a process. Hampshire staff and faculty have led facilitated discussions, I have held multiple focus group sessions, and all of our students, faculty, and staff have been invited to contribute their opinions, questions, and perspectives about the U.S. flag. This is what free speech looks like. We believe in it, we will continue this work on campus, and we will look for ways to engage with our neighbors in the wider community. We raise the flag now as a symbol of that freedom, and in hopes for justice and fairness for all.

At Hampshire, we are committed to living up to these principles:

• To insist on diversity, inclusion, and equity from our leaders and in our communities, and the right to think critically and to speak openly about the historical tensions that exist throughout the country

• To constructively and peacefully resist those who are opposing these values

• To actively and passionately work toward justice and positive change on our campus and in the world.

No less should be expected of any institution of higher learning."

"As you probably remember, the end of every semester can bring stress, and this year has been a particularly taxing one. Still, we find strength and draw inspiration from our incredibly caring, empathetic, and fearless community.

So, in that spirit, The Alumni Relations office and the Alumni Advisory Group is inviting alums to help current students beat end-of-semester stress with kindness and support.

Write a short message to our current students – talk about what Hampshire means to you and why the values our community shares are so important. Tell a good Hampshire story. Or just say hi. Alumni Relations will print the messages on postcards and distribute them to students with end of semester care packages."

I'm not sure what an "end of semester care package is" but I'm guessing it's some kind of severance package you get when you leave the land of willful ignorance and hopeless idealism and are forced to interact with the real world. Some "fearless community" I guess 1000+ vets on their doorstep didn't scare them into putting the damn flag back up... The troll in me is wondering if you have any suggestions as far as messages go? I'll submit the top 5 you guys post.

Maybe include some Christmas cards from the "marginalized community" of veterans at nearby VA Central Western Hospital in Leeds,MA.

Or are Christmas cards banned there too?

The Hampshire college' is a well known joke and probably ranks in the last 2% of institutes of higher learning. Note during the interview aspiring history professor Tucker said burning the flag was what got him the TV interview. So why give these morons the political traction they want ?

Haven't these mentally anguished students have suffered enough from the recent post-election trauma ? They need our love and hugs...[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom