Halloween Scary Shoot IDPA Match - HSC

BPRD.png

You are a member of an elite, top secret government agency created to keep America safe from all the bizarre terrors that the power mongers are too afraid to let society know about - Aliens, Bigfoot, Walt’s frozen body – it’s all true and worse. Things they couldn’t possibly print in the tabloids - things that look like they came from some lunatic’s sketchbook.

Which is where we come in. Helpless as it is, humanity is not completely unarmed. Someone long ago saw to it that when things started creeping out of the night, someone would be there to turn the lights on – and their lights out
===

No preregistration required. Come join us.

Date: Saturday October 25, 2008
Registration Start: 9:15am
Safety briefing: 9:45am
First shot: 10:00am
Fee: $20

Checklist of what you should bring to events:
~ Plenty of water
~ Pistol (needs to fit in IDPA box) or Revolver (max barrel 4")
~ ONLY Strong side belt holsters that cover trigger guard
~ At least 3 magazines or speedloaders
~ Magazine/Speedloader carrier or holder
~ Eye & Ear Protection
~ 200 rounds of ammunition

For more information see:
MetroWest Tactical

Last edited:
i very well might make it out for this one! got a new glock 19 i want to play with, and i most definitely LOVE IDPA.

no memberships required? (i'm GOAL, but im not NRA as of yet)

i very well might make it out for this one! got a new glock 19 i want to play with, and i most definitely LOVE IDPA.

no memberships required? (i'm GOAL, but im not NRA as of yet)

No memberships. I think the price is $20 per event.

$20 for the match. No membership required for your first IDPA match. After that you have to join IDPA, which you can do at the matches. IIRC, if you join at a match, the host club gets a small kickback.

$20 for the match. No membership required for your first IDPA match. After that you have to join IDPA, which you can do at the matches. IIRC, if you join at a match, the host club gets a small kickback.

Jar are you going tomorrow?

Had a ton of fun.

That metal swinger really embarrassed me. 28 shots? Next time someone else go first.

Videos will be up as soon as the results are posted. I have already finished editing.

Will, please post so I know your username. I forgot it.

Thanks Darius, its appreciated. [grin]

And thank YOU very much for doing your excellent SO duties.

And thank all the NES SOs that helped with today's match. The Match Director has very little to do once the ball is rolling and depends upon the SOs to carry the day and herd the squads through their paces.

An MD couldn't have asked for a better group of SOs. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know everyone's NES username, but I do know their real names:

Darius
Dave C
Dave R
Dave S
Dale H
Mark H

And the AMD - Michael J.

All truly outstanding members of Metrowest Tactical and some of the best examples of what IDPA is all about.

Thanks again, and I'm glad everyone had a good shoot.

Great time with a bunch of great people. Usually I enjoy the shooting but I can't say that today. [wink] I blame my gun! It just wouldn't shoot straight and fast today! LOL

Great job Robb- MD is not a fun job-we appreciate your work.

Here is a snip of the 5th stage so you guys can have something to make fun of me with.
Still waiting for the results to post in the video

Last edited:
Oh, and of course, thank you to the MD, AMD, and SO's for running the match today. It was a great time!

I also want to thank everyone involved. I had a great time shooting but just as importantly I met some great people with common interests. I especially enjoyed meeting you De, and your brother. Thanks for shooting the video. Its nice to show my family what we do and how well we do it (sort of).

So when do we start the buy Lugnut a new Glock fund? (grin)

NAhh... in case anyone doesn't understand my bad humor- the Glock wasn't the problem- it was Lugnut. Lugnut was off his game... at least that's his excuse.

But I'll take a G21SF if anyone is interested. [laugh]

Had a ton of fun.

That metal swinger really embarrassed me. 28 shots? Next time someone else go first.

Videos will be up as soon as the results are posted. I have already finished editing.

Will, please post so I know your username. I forgot it.

Which Will? Mine is the worlds easiest to remember user name. [smile]

Was a fun match. I brought another new shooter, who signed up to IDPA on the spot. He's a sgt from the Boston PD and a real good guy. That swinger really killed people. I did it in 7 shots, but totally dumped the low light stage, so that will (as usual!) keep my scores low.

Last edited:
I was blaming my gun... when it was the shooter. Lowly attempt at an excuse. [wink]

Oh NO it's the gun... You're problem is that you're still shooting those plastic tupperwear guns. Time to move up to a "real" gun...

I've got a few for sale if you're interested. HAHA

Oh NO it's the gun... You're problem is that you're still shooting those plastic tupperwear guns. Time to move up to a "real" gun...

I've got a few for sale if you're interested. HAHA

LOL- I like tupperwear- everyone should- they work all the time- at least Glocks that haven't been screwed with too much.

What are you selling? Any good open guns? [smile]

Congrats to Underwhere for shooting a clean match and edging his brother by just over a second.

Thanks to the match staff. This was a fun match with some great stages.

Congrats to Underwhere for shooting a clean match and edging his brother by just over a second.

Thanks to the match staff. This was a fun match with some great stages.

YES!
1.13 seconds

I am at my girlfriend's tonight. I will post the videos tomorrow.

Jar,
do you remember the order in which we shot the stages?
I know we started with 6 and then ended apparently with 4. I want to make I put them in the correct order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom