Gyrojet

I post on this issue a couple of times a year in an attempt to catch someone who may have some information.

Does anyone know of any available 12mm Gyrojet ammo or any suggestions of places to check?

I seem to recall that on an episode of Mail Call a couple of years ago, the Gunny said that individual rounds were going for $75, so that sounds about right... I guess.

IIRC, I remember reading a science fiction story many years ago where the murder weapon was a GyroJet.

I was wondering how hard it would be to create some rounds. There are a lot of rocketeers out there who make their own solid propellant.

After reading the first few messages, I had to see what this Gyrojet was all about and came across this link to Death Wind. I don't think it's been updated in awhile, but he's trying to revive the idea.

I've actually taken the time to do some engineering sketches of the projectiles, and althouh they would not be too difficult to reproduce in a manner that worked, tooling for it would be prohibitively expensive for an individual. Perhaps a few of us could get together, make a few prototypes, do some market research, and see about commercial manifacture of a small run. They look like they would be relatively easy to make by hand with the right tooling.

I will say that because of a design flaw (easily overcome) they were very inacurate, and didnt have any apprecialble energy until they were 20 meters or so from the muzzle.

Back
Top Bottom