Guys, wtf is this...normal/removable?

I have these little brown dots on my brand new 1911 that I didnt notice before. I tried a little bit of gun cleaner with a rag and they wont come off. Can these be removed? If not I want to get a replacement, for the money I paid for this 1911 I shouldnt have to deal with this.

dots1.jpg

i have these same spots on my S&W 1911pd that i purchased less then a year ago , i have an all black model but i can still see it coming thru. i think i would call the factory on this. i know its not my safe being humid, i have like 5- 1lb desicant packs in my safe with a dehumidifier in that same room running on 8 hours cycles all day long.

Last edited:
just took a look at mine that i had sitting since last week with the slide soaked with CLP ..looks like they will come off with a heavy coat of BREAK FREE CLP and a some light rubbing in a circular motion with a soft lint-free lens cloth/wipe.

just soak it overnite and see if that helps dissolve the spots. then try lighty rubbing them out.

Last edited:
Yea, I posted in this post a few days ago that they came off.

It seems like the factory likely puts a few rounds through each gun, packs em up and sends them off to the store. I let a little bit of copper remover sit on the gun for 3-5 minutes then used a tooth brush and lighly scrubbed for a few minutes.

Four Seasons asked me to call them regardless; which I did and they confirmed it's likely residue left over from the factory. I should be good to go but this thread gave me alot of other cool ideas of how to safely remove the spots when they come back after shooting if they do.

A few years ago I bought a brand new S&W Scandium 1911. When I got home with it I noticed what looked like little "rust" spots on the slide that I didn't notice before I purchased it. I stripped it down and on the inside of the frame the rust was much worse.

I called S&W and they said return the pistol to them (they paid UPS both ways) and they will take care of it. 10 days later it was returned to me in perfect condition. I guessing they refinished the entire pistol as there was no work order or explanation when I got it back.

Back
Top Bottom