guns and gear

It's OK, just OK... supposedly, their in-house gun smith specializes in 1911's...
They try to sell me an air-soft without fail every time I go... saying it's the best training tool... I been telling her to get more .22 conversions for 1911's or Sig's and push those if you're trying to push "less expensive" training tools.
Not worth the trip if it's out of you're way

i go in every now and then, small shop nothing out of the norm seems like there trying to get more guns in there, we dont have to much out here so its something.The people are nice ill give them that.

I always walk out of there a half-hour later than I had planned, and a few bucks shorter. I would consider the prices quite reasonable for a small store. A friend of mine got a nice Mossberg 500 with 2 barrels for a song and I went in for a transfer and left with not only my transfer gun but a pretty decent CZ-52 as well. Real nice folks that don't make you feel uncomfortable if you're just shooting the sh!t...unlike this other area store...

I can add to this, nice people, nice little shop that really is growing rapidly. Beginning to see more ammo, guns and honestly, decent pricing on the ammo for sure. Just had em order me some 357 sig for my new M&P, she had some WWB 9mm for 23.00 box of 100.. not bad for a store around the corner. I'm just getting into reloading, looks like they are stocking up on bullits and stuff for reloading and the boss\gunsmith knows lots about reloading... I'm tappin that. I like it and much friendlier, knowledgeable people than a few of the other shops I've been to. I've pretty much decided Guns and Gear and Guns and Guns Parts in West Springfield are my main 2 gun stores.

Happened again. Stopped in yesterday to ask a question about this Sig, was shown an Airsoft and left with a(nother) CZ-52 and two texts from my wife asking why I was late.

Happened again. Stopped in yesterday to ask a question about this Sig, was shown an Airsoft and left with a(nother) CZ-52 and two texts from my wife asking why I was late.

that'll happen. and I'm always there 30 min longer that I initially anticipate,... not that I'm complaining

Went in yesterday to buy my first gun. Real friendly and takes the nervousness out of your first purchase. I knew what I was getting for the most part and it took an hour. A real friendly bunch and their ammo from what I could tell was well priced.

Went in yesterday to buy my first gun. Real friendly and takes the nervousness out of your first purchase. I knew what I was getting for the most part and it took an hour. A real friendly bunch and their ammo from what I could tell was well priced.

so what did ya buy? I got my eye on a M36 in there..

I ended up getting a Ruger MKIII Used and in perfect condition. Experimented with some ammo and federal 22lr seems to shoot the best out of it. I plan to buy many more toys from them as they are reasonably priced on everything!

0309011921%282%29.jpg

Avoid

Very small store. Some guns are fair priced, others they charge way too much (675$ for a glock when you can get it for 550$ at R&R). Same for ammo prices.

The lady who runs the store, Jude, has always been nice.
The guy who runs the store, Chris, can be an a**h***. For example, one day I had Chris value a rifle I wanted to sell. He told me that the valuation was good until I walked out the door. He tried to pressure me to sell it on the spot without shopping around. I wasn't sure of the valuation of the rifle, so I wanted to take it to R&R to get a second opinion. I told Chris this. I brought the rifle to R&R but they were not interested in purchasing it, so I went back to Guns and Gear the next time they were open. When I spoke to Chris he had the happiest smile on his face and said he wasn't interested in purchasing the rifle. I can understand if he made a mistake and overvalued the gun, but for him to act as if he was teaching me a lesson is something that I do not value as a customer. I also do not value being pressured into buying / selling something on the spot, and that their prices / valuations are good only for as long as you remain in the store. This reminds me of a bad car sales person. As a customer I am entitled to shop around and for any sales person to punish this fact is someone who I do not do business with.

I have always been a fair and honest customer. Throughout the years I have purchased 14 firearms from them, lots of ammo, and the guy still treats me like an unwanted customer.

I will no longer do business with guns and gear as long as Chris runs the shop. I also recommend my family and friends avoid doing business with them because of the way he treats a regular customer.

Avoid

Last edited:
Needed to bump this thread as I needed to give this store a lot of credit. Some of the best prices in the area and unbelievable friendly service. Not much in ammo though. I picked up a P238 just before Christmas and they were over $50 cheaper then the other stores. Judy was nice enough to sell a bunch of raffle tickets for the PVNRA for me. This is how Gun Stores should operate. Nice comfortable small town feel. And they should be moving across the street soon

Needed to bump this thread as I needed to give this store a lot of credit. Some of the best prices in the area and unbelievable friendly service. Not much in ammo though. I picked up a P238 just before Christmas and they were over $50 cheaper then the other stores. Judy was nice enough to sell a bunch of raffle tickets for the PVNRA for me. This is how Gun Stores should operate. Nice comfortable small town feel. And they should be moving across the street soon

Funny you picked that gun... I wanted to buy one back in the beginning from Judy, but the price was higher than other stores I looked at... not to mention, I decided to give the gun a little time to get the bugs out I read about and my butt was still hurting from the Sig Mosquito we bought from her. Nice little store though.

I picked up a Mosin Nagant from them not too long ago. Very friendly and I ended up with a bunch of ammo and still payed less than I expected.

Funny you picked that gun... I wanted to buy one back in the beginning from Judy, but the price was higher than other stores I looked at... not to mention, I decided to give the gun a little time to get the bugs out I read about and my butt was still hurting from the Sig Mosquito we bought from her. Nice little store though.
+1 on the Mosquito. In a word, disappointing. After about a year of not liking the gun I brought it back to them and walked out with a Savage Mark II. Sighted it in today, let the chipmunks tremble!

Agree on the nice store and there are deals to be had. Do your homework and negotiate, no one will take it personally if you leave empty handed.

I need to stop into there sometime soon... I thought at first that this was a rejuvenation of Auto-Sport, but I see that it's a different address...

They are moving and due to some paperwork it will be sometime in April. Bigger store!

They have moved across the street and the store is bigger now too.

They do have some real bargains if you grab them quick enough......IE before me

I can't really speak to their retail location, but I've dealt with them at the Marlboro show and they seem to have a nice group of folks working for them. Their marked prices were fair but not amazing, though they were certainly willing to haggle. I assume the same is true at their shop. They had a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 that I was kind of digging at the show, so I might stop in and check out their store.

I can't really speak to their retail location, but I've dealt with them at the Marlboro show and they seem to have a nice group of folks working for them. Their marked prices were fair but not amazing, though they were certainly willing to haggle. I assume the same is true at their shop. They had a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 that I was kind of digging at the show, so I might stop in and check out their store.

I also dealt with them at the Marlboro show. It may have been just that they were slammed at the time, but they weren't haggling on anything. :)

A agree that the prices were fair, but not amazing.

i live close by so it's kind of my shop of choice... but that being said i'm 15 minutes from the sw retail shop, guns inc and guns and parts so i picked them for a reason. they are great people that will go completely out of there way for you( speaking from experience), there are definetlly some good deals to be had, but for me it's the customer service that makes them the best choice!

Chris and Judith have been great, I have had several transactions with them over the past year or so and it has always been smooth.

I've bought 4 guns from them in the past year. Only local shop I use now. New store is very nice. If you need any supplies, they will have them the next day. They also have used accessories at great prices.
Terry

Avoid

Some guns are fair priced, others they charge way too much (675$ for a glock when you can get it for 550$ at R&R). Same for ammo prices.

The lady who runs the store, Jude, has always been nice.
The guy who runs the store, Chris, can be an a**h***. My last experience: one day I had Chris value a rifle I wanted to sell. He told me that the valuation was good until I walked out the door. He tried to pressure me to sell it on the spot without shopping around. I wasn't sure of the valuation of the rifle, so I wanted to take it to R&R to get a second opinion. I told Chris this. I brought the rifle to R&R but they were not interested in purchasing it, so I went back to Guns and Gear the next time they were open. When I spoke to Chris again he had the happiest smile on his face and said he wasn't interested in purchasing the rifle. I can understand if he made a mistake and overvalued the gun, but for him to act as if he was teaching me a lesson is something that I do not value as a customer. I also do not value being pressured into buying / selling something on the spot, and that their prices / valuations are good only for as long as you remain in the store. This reminds me of a bad car sales person. As a customer I am entitled to shop around and for any sales person to punish this fact is someone who I do not do business with.

I have always been a fair and honest customer. Throughout the years I have purchased 14 firearms from them, lots of ammo, and the guy still treats me like an unwanted customer.

I will no longer do business with guns and gear as long as Chris runs the shop. I also recommend my family and friends avoid doing business with them because of the way he treats a regular customer.

Avoid

Back
Top Bottom