• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunman shot dead after opening fire on federal courthouse in downtown Dallas

Possibly, but here's what I don't don't understand.

A dishonorable discharge is an automatic "prohibited person", or so I thought. How on Earth was he able to buy or even TOUCH a firearm if he was a prohibited person?!

Also, it's CLEARLY against the law to run around in public shooting at people. I would assume that's attempted murder or assault with a a deadly weapon at the very least.

So the obvious question is... if his actions were against the law and he was in possession of material he legally barred from having, then how the hell was able to acquire that gun and commit that crime? I mean, there are LAWS dammit.

We really should pass a law to prevent this from ever happening again.
Just make it illegal to break the law. Problem solved,lol.

Not replace.....in addition.........cane AND jail.........rinse and repeat as needed

Not for the chickens**t crimes. Just whack 'em and let them loose. They'll either learn their lesson or graduate to the caning+jail level.

Prisons are overcrowded anyway.

Ok, there are some characters out there that would probably like getting caned, esp if the caner is a hot chica dressed in latex or leather.

Someone said that Hollywood's glamorization of AR-15s and guns in general actually saves lives, cause would be murderers choose a less effective weapon cause it's cool. This guy could have used a rental truck and been much more effective.

This is a good example - the guy was all geared up but completely ineffective. He could have used a revolver and got up close and actually hit someone.

Someone said that Hollywood's glamorization of AR-15s and guns in general actually saves lives, cause would be murderers choose a less effective weapon cause it's cool. This guy could have used a rental truck and been much more effective.

This is a good example - the guy was all geared up but completely ineffective. He could have used a revolver and got up close and actually hit someone.

I never knew if it was "Clancy Lore" or true, but supposedly the KGB and more elite assassins use a .22 pistol and shoot through the ear or eye or something. Up close and personal, obviously.

I never knew if it was "Clancy Lore" or true, but supposedly the KGB and more elite assassins use a .22 pistol and shoot through the ear or eye or something. Up close and personal, obviously.

Someone on NES said the mafia liked .22s for brain scrambling. Could also be cause a suppressor is actually more like a silencer with a .22. :)

64672300_406465133414197_5916699981502218240_n.jpg

"Clyde was discharged from the military after serving as a Army infantryman for less than two years, federal authorities said. They did not disclose why he was discharged."

I have a hunch it was not for his eyesight. Eventually the reason will become known, but we may never hear about it.

I'm not an expert on the army by any means, but is there even an enlistment period that you can join for that is less than two years? If not, what are the means by which someone would be discharged in less than two years? The main ones I can think of are severe injury making you no longer unable to serve, or dishonorable discharge (which could be for a myriad of reasons).

I'm not an expert on the army by any means, but is there even an enlistment period that you can join for that is less than two years? If not, what are the means by which someone would be discharged in less than two years? The main ones I can think of are severe injury making you no longer unable to serve, or dishonorable discharge (which could be for a myriad of reasons).

There are medical and hardship discharges and I suppose there could be others. I tend to think the discharge was dishonorable, though, simply based on the fact the military would not comment on it.

Man I'm for this new trend. Everyone time someone goes all active shooter and gets rekt like this, the ROE is to make fun of them.

Attachments

• signal-2019-06-18-083918.jpg
    signal-2019-06-18-083918.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 67
I was curious about where he was hit as there didn’t seem to be any blood. The PD must be carrying AP these days.

Bob

It's also possible that he's just wearing a tactical vest with no real ballistic protection. NIJ level IIIA also doesn't include handgun rounds like 9mm Liberty or 5.7mm, either of which could easily account for the single shot to the 10 ring taking him out.

It's also possible that he's just wearing a tactical vest with no real ballistic protection. NIJ level IIIA also doesn't include handgun rounds like 9mm Liberty or 5.7mm, either of which could easily account for the single shot to the 10 ring taking him out.

I doubt on duty cops would be carrying either round. So I think it's just a vest or an old style flak jacket.

Just bring back the crazy farms. It’s pretty clear this kid would’ve found a home there. Seriously, we need mental hospitals again, ever since they closed them and opened the doors to “crazy being ok just misunderstood” things have gone increasingly south.

Just bring back the crazy farms. It’s pretty clear this kid would’ve found a home there. Seriously, we need mental hospitals again, ever since they closed them and opened the doors to “crazy being ok just misunderstood” things have gone increasingly south.

Whether or not you were just kidding, I wonder if anyone has ever done a statistical correlation between "that" and mass shootings.

"Between 1955 and 1994, roughly 487,000 mentally ill patients were discharged from state hospitals." -google

I doubt the shooters were a huge percentage of THOSE but on the other hand they probably "would have" stood a better chance of being institutionalized that the average bear and might not have been out in the world TO wreak mayhem.

Whether or not you were just kidding, I wonder if anyone has ever done a statistical correlation between "that" and mass shootings.

"Between 1955 and 1994, roughly 487,000 mentally ill patients were discharged from state hospitals." -google

I doubt the shooters were a huge percentage of THOSE but on the other hand they probably "would have" stood a better chance of being institutionalized that the average bear and might not have been out in the world TO wreak mayhem.

Wasn’t kidding at all. Yes with the years posted in that study these others would’ve been too young or not even born yet, but I’d have to imagine just as many crazies are still being born, but now we just feed them some mixture of pills year after year until they lose it altogether.

This idiot should’ve never made it past his MEPS councilors never mind serving for 2 years before someone had the balls to finally say hey wait a minute, get this f***wad out of here before he snaps.

People are too scared to call out crazy anymore because they’ll be blacklisted and berated on social media or even counseled/fired from their jobs for being mean, and this is what happens when you don’t call out crazy.

Look around on the daily, orange hair, green hair, blue hair, bright red hair, easy signs that something’s not firing right upstairs, just like poison plants, fish, toads, usually have the bright out of the norm colors to ward off others or show that they’re poisonous. Nature is talking to us but we’re not listening. May be a slightly exaggerated/comical example but you get my point.

There are medical and hardship discharges and I suppose there could be others. I tend to think the discharge was dishonorable, though, simply based on the fact the military would not comment on it.

Military records are private by default. Usually a soldier has to consent to have this private info released (say, for a background check for work). It's not suspicious for the Army to not comment on such things.

It's hard to say what the circumstances of this nut's separation were. Dishonorable discharge is the most severe and usually comes coupled with some time in the military clink. That isn't very common. Hell, even the lesser Bad Conduct Discharge is not very common. When the Army can just save themselves some paperwork and time by using Other Than Honorable or General Discharge to separate out a problem soldier, a soldier really has to screw up to earn the extra effort.

I'd say there are good odds this guy was just separated out of service quickly and easily using some admin discharge. Maybe he failed too many PT tests or maybe the crazy started to get a little too potent and the Army finally dealt with it.

Mental illness often only shows its head in late teens and early twenties. Maybe he was mostly OK when he enlisted and got more delusional and nutty as the years passed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom