Gunbroker auction forum.

I'm curious who uses the Gunbroker online auctions. There are a few MA compliant glock 26's on there that I was considering buying. I just feel odd about buying a firearm over the internet.

Any words of advice before buying a firearm sight unseen?

Derek

I'm curious who uses the Gunbroker online auctions. There are a few MA compliant glock 26's on there that I was considering buying. I just feel odd about buying a firearm over the internet.

Any words of advice before buying a firearm sight unseen?

Derek

Hubby and I have done business with Auction Arms. I've never had a problem with any of the rifles I've bought, but the one thing you want to do is to check the feed back on the seller before you buy anything from anyone. Also, before becoming the winner of said item, you might want to ask if you can have a few days to make sure the gun is fine, etc. and if anythings wrong that you can return it. Get it in writing hun.

Derek, I've bought quite a few items, including guns from gunbroker and have had very few problems. Checking seller feedback is very important but most of the sellers on there are straight shooters. Just make sure you understand exactly what it is you are bidding on and what the terms of sale are. Prompt responses by both buyer and seller keep everyone from getting nervous and jerky.
Good Luck!

I've bought 8 guns from gunbroker in the last few months, 3 were C&Rs shipped directly to me and 5 had to go through local FFL. No problems at all. Pay close attention to the seller feedback. I read every single comment and if I read ANYTHING negative, I pass on it. Look for places that have been around awhile or sellers who've sold alot. Ask questions via email and request extra pictures if needed. Many sellers will have a risk-free inspection period. Make sure you understand what the return policy is before you buy.

I read every single comment and if I read ANYTHING negative, I pass on it.

I understand the sentiment, but sometimes you have to take these things with a grain of salt. There are some folks out there who will NEVER be satisfied, no matter how well the seller describes or provides pictures of something. It's like they buy it and have buyer's remorse, then immediately look for something to complain about so they can send it back.

If you see a seller with hundreds of transactions, and one or two from way back are negative, I wouldn't sweat it. The law of averages results in a couple of knuckleheads no matter how straightforward your transactions.

Definitely ask questions and ask for additional pictures if you need them. If the seller takes a long time to respond, or REFUSES to provide additional info/pics (like one of the biggest sellers on Auctionarms does), then screw 'em. Take your business elsewhere.

I understand the sentiment, but sometimes you have to take these things with a grain of salt. There are some folks out there who will NEVER be satisfied, no matter how well the seller describes or provides pictures of something. It's like they buy it and have buyer's remorse, then immediately look for something to complain about so they can send it back.

If you see a seller with hundreds of transactions, and one or two from way back are negative, I wouldn't sweat it. The law of averages results in a couple of knuckleheads no matter how straightforward your transactions.

Definitely ask questions and ask for additional pictures if you need them. If the seller takes a long time to respond, or REFUSES to provide additional info/pics (like one of the biggest sellers on Auctionarms does), then screw 'em. Take your business elsewhere.

Well said, I always allow for a 2% idiot factor when reviewing highly rated sellers.

I've made a few purchases from GB and have always been 100% satisfied.

I have over 260 sales on GB as a seller and a dozen as a buyer.
1. check feedback and disregard a few negs if the the other 98 are pos
2. make sure you have a receiving dealer before you bid
3. ask for more pictures as you can evaluate the integrity of the seller by thier response
4. be aware of the inspection period and policy

Back
Top Bottom