Gun Shows - Reloading Supplies

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
Since I have yet to make it to one I just wanted to know if this is a good source for reloading supplies.

I am looking to buy bullets in bulk. 250-500 qty

Primers and Powders are not my main concern more just the high cost of bullets due to the shipping issue here in MA. I have yet to find a shop that will order bullets in bulk at any real discount over their counter sales... and these are shops I spent some major money in.

I am looking for .45 FMJ (no lead), .38 can be Lead or FMJ, .223 1st time reloader so just looking for some bulk to work with to start.

Each would be qty's of 250-500 or more if need be to get the discount.

Quantities of 500 is not enough to warrant a discount. 5000 maybe.

So your saying I should have to buy 5000 to get a quality discount when I know that dealers and others are making a huge markup profit on packs of 50 or 100.

When you end up purchasing almost 1500 in packs of 50, 100 your getting screwed over royal.

Do you have any feedback on the original question?

Thanks for the information

I suggest you find an out of state friend to accept delivery on bullets from one of the suppliers that deals in bulk - Zero Bullets (Rose distribution for retail quantities under 10K or so); Precision Delta or Montana Gold. None of these firms packages in anything less than 500 per box.

The shops you deal with may be more used to dealing with the suppliers that traditionally sell in boxes of 50 or 100 - Hornady, Speer, Winchester, etc.

Kittery has been the place I have been making 75% of all my reloading purchases.
They have a pretty good selection overall - but also tend not to carry the bulk I want when I go.

I like to buy between 500-1000 at a time for each caliber. So I figured there has to be a better price overall then paying for 10 (100ct) boxes.

I don't want to shoot straight lead cast .45 due to my main shooter being an H&K. I could do the coated or hard cast route but have had no luck finding it at most of my local shops.

The next step after checking all the local shops for someone to work with me is getting another NH shooter I know to order em up for me. That is in the works but really don't want to bother him and wanted to try and line myself up.

Thanks

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I think I have worked out an arrangement to make delivery direct to NH. So that clears all my worries away.

Again thanks for the great information.

To each that posted and or PM'd me - you guys are the best +1 rep all around.

Some Bullet suppliers will ship in the $8.95 USPS Flat Rate Box. You can usually get 2000 bullets in one of these. Best deal on shipping lead out there. Although the local mailman might not agree.

Back
Top Bottom