Gun Shops that do Trigger Jobs in NorthShore?

Anyone know where I can get a Trigger Job done on my S&W .40c M&P in the NorthShore Area or even South of New Hampshire?

12lb pull is killing me!!!

Was told Four Seasons doesn't and Northshore Firearms don't either.

Thanks, but I was thinking of somewhere closer to where I am. I can't see driving all that way just to drop of my gun.

I hear ya, I'm in Medford, and it was a hike, but I couldn't find anywhere on the N.S. and was kind of excited when he said it would be ready on 1 day. I stopped off at AFS to try it out on my way home (also N. Attleboro). Was about a 45 min drive for me...

Southern NH?

How's about a gun smith to do a couple trigger jobs in the Manchester, NH Area? I don't feel like driving 2 hours each way for a trigger job.

Thanks, maybe I'll call him up and see if I can make a trip down and have it done the same day. I guess I could make a day trip down and find something to do there.

[wink]

Yea, look in Manchester NH too. You might be in luck if youd prefer to drive N than S.

Theres a gun shop like right next door to Santurri, but I dont remember the name. That should/can occupy you for a little at least [wink].

Why not do your own, I used a jewelers file and finished up with oil and crocus cloth. Rounding the crown of the firing pin interrupter really got rid of that crunchy trigger take up: http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm the gun is ten times better and it only took about an hour to complete
I have a M&P 45, or order this from Midway if you own a 9MM or .40 (.45 is different and they don't stock it) 48 state sear assembly: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=883689
You knock out one roll pin drop it in and instant 6 lb trigger for $28.00.

bigbo,

Did you try this yourself? I'd like to know since the description gives the usual "May need gunsmith". If it is easy, I may try that myself.

Every part description for fire arms will say that if they have good lawyers, these guns are made on CNC machines to exacting standards and any modern products since Henry Ford have interchangeable parts. Some may have production changes that will require a serial number to ensure the proper assembly but so far this does not apply to the M&P. I forgot to mention while you have the rear sight off for the firing pin interrupter mod change it out with Tricon night sights, really worth the money (they also recommend a gunsmith). Just use a sight pusher or brass punch like I did and make sure you only remove the rear from left to right as the dove tails are tapered, also watch out for the spring and cap that live under there, knowing this makes it easy. The front sight can go either way and is in there tight so be forewarned, I left the new sights in the freezer prior to installation that really helped out.

Why not do your own, I used a jewelers file and finished up with oil and crocus cloth. Rounding the crown of the firing pin interrupter really got rid of that crunchy trigger take up: http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm the gun is ten times better and it only took about an hour to complete
I have a M&P 45, or order this from Midway if you own a 9MM or .40 (.45 is different and they don't stock it) 48 state sear assembly: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=883689
You knock out one roll pin drop it in and instant 6 lb trigger for $28.00.

I wouldn't do my own, I am not handy at all... I wouldn't want to risk my life depending on a gun that I let someone whos incompetent do work on. And yes, I did call myself incompetent - I'll admit it... which is why I took it to a well known gunsmith with good references and a solid reputation for good reliable work. But to each his/her own, if you know how to do it, kudos, I wish I knew half of how to do it...

real easy

Yes, I did it myself and it took less than 30 minutes. The only tool needed is a punch to remove the pin. I chose this over a trigger job because everything I read about them made me nervous about removing too much metal from those tiny parts and causing a negligent discharge. The gun still works flawlessly.

If you change out the Sear block you should also change out the trigger return spring. The spring made alot of difference for me.

Check if your gun has the locking mechanism on the Sear. The one from Midway does. Brownells has both models with and without.

Both spring and blocks were instock at Brownells 2 days ago.

If you change out the Sear block you should also change out the trigger return spring. The spring made alot of difference for me.

Check if your gun has the locking mechanism on the Sear. The one from Midway does. Brownells has both models with and without.

Both spring and blocks were instock at Brownells 2 days ago.

Do you have a link to Brownells for the spring, I can't find anything on their web site for the M&P?

The trigger return spring makes the greatest difference in pull weight. Available from Speed Shooting Essentials for $2.75. This mod is not mentioned in Burwell's trigger job post. Brownells does not have any M&P .45 parts in stock.

To the best of my knowledge the sear block assembly is no different on the .45 so swapping the MA for another won't have any affect. This part needs to be tuned according to Burwell's post. I am waiting for a spare sear assembly before I attempt to drop my pull to 3lbs from its current 4.5 lbs.

I could detect no taper in the rear sight dovetail. I believe that only the front dovetail is tapered. You need to be very careful removing the rear sight to get at the striker safety plunger. The spring and retainer will take off for parts unknown if not properly restrained.

Back
Top Bottom