Gun shop in Central VT?

Can anyone recommend a shop in Central-ish VT? I have been looking for a subcompact XD (9mm or .40) for a long freaking time, but even the best prices I can find in VT are more expensive than it would cost to buy one in NH, and pay to have it transfered to an FFL in VT.

My local shop would be R&L Archery in Barre. They want $550+ for a new XD. I called Rileys in Hooksett today and got quoted $475 plus ~$35 transfer fee.

So, long story short, can anyone recommend any other shops within a 1 hour drive of Bradford VT?

Parros (www.parros.com)

Powder Horn Sports in Williston (Taft Corners near Home Deopt)

I know Williston is more than an hour for you from Bradford, but Powder Horn is nice. My wife is from East Barre.

Last edited:
I would try to stay some what local. You may pay a little more up front, but if you have any problems or questions, face to face is way better then over the phone or computer.

I second John's Gun Shop. I've visited it before... didn't buy anything, but nice collection and good people.

There is a gun shop in Alstead, NH that has decent prices and selection- they have a second office across the river and do VT sales from there.

Parros (www.parros.com)

Powder Horn Sports in Williston (Taft Corners near Home Deopt)

I know Williston is more than an hour for you from Bradford, but Powder Horn is nice. My wife is from East Barre.

Parros is a little north of central VT but it's a great store with nice people running it.

Back
Top Bottom