Gun Shop Burgler Caught & Convicted

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
This guy was a serial gun thief and druggie, thankfully he was caught through an act of his own stupidity:

Belgrade man sentenced to federal prison for stealing guns from Four Corners store

A Belgrade man was sentenced to nearly six years in federal prison for stealing dozens of guns, including 18 semi-automatic pistols from Murdoch’s Ranch and Home Supply in Four Corners.

Michael Edward Copenhaver, 28, who pleaded guilty in February to one count of possession of stolen firearms, was sentenced to 70 months in prison to be followed by three years supervised release. Copenhaver was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Sam Haddon in Helena.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...cle_28266614-aeb6-5cfd-b6ca-17ee476af0ea.html

He stole 34 firearms in two burglaries, but was only convicted on one count of possession of a stolen firearm.
Personally I think his 70 month federal sentence was too lenient.

Ever notice these odd number of months in federal sentences?

I suspect the court is considering the max 15% discount for good behavior and dividing the time it intends to give by .85. Frequenty, the sentence * .85 is close to a round number (in this case, just shy of 5 years)
I think his 70 month federal sentence was too lenient.
This is federal time, not state time with parole. He will do at least 59.5 months (70*.85)

Back
Top Bottom