• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA

I drove by the other day as a crane was taking down the sign out front. Glad they are gone, but I still liked seeing the word "GUN" on rt 9

when o'leary hired that jackass, pycho, wanabee that used to prance around in full military gear and insult customers became the death blow to that place. the good staff quit and patrons would not come into the store while he was there, the place never recovered. to bad; i have shopped only at the gunroom since 1977 until then; it was a great place way back

Last edited:
I remember some of them were big into the cowboy thing.Walked in one day,and they were all dressed like tex ranger.

when o'leary hired that jackass, pycho, wanabee that used to prance around in full military gear and insult customers became the death blow to that place. the good staff quit and patrons would not come into the store while he was there, the place never recovered. to bad; i have shopped only at the gunroom since 1977 until then; it was a great place way back

I remember exactly who you're referring to. I used to shop there before I knew any better. I remember EVERY FRIGGING TIME I walked in, that guy would just stare me down. Not say a word, just stare. I would ask him a question, or to see something, and he'd continue to stare for like 5 seconds before acknowledging me, as rude as one could. I don't know if if was an intimidation thing, or he thought he recognized me, or (most likely the case) he was just a dick. Hated going in here, but I didn't know of any other shops in the area at the time.

Also witnessed that older bearded guy who always wore like 12 guns on him (I'm pretty sure he works at Four Seasons now, lol) draw his gun and charge the door after two Spanish teens walked in then out. THAT was the straw that broke the camels back for me. The staff scared me, lol.

he was supposed to be a ex-army ranger [there is most likely a good reason for him being an ex-]; more like a rump-ranger by now.

- - - Updated - - -

fyi…that guy was from the Army…not the Marine Corps. just wanted to clear that up.

- - - Updated - - -[laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2]

Last edited:
I remember exactly who you're referring to. I used to shop there before I knew any better. I remember EVERY FRIGGING TIME I walked in, that guy would just stare me down. Not say a word, just stare. I would ask him a question, or to see something, and he'd continue to stare for like 5 seconds before acknowledging me, as rude as one could. I don't know if if was an intimidation thing, or he thought he recognized me, or (most likely the case) he was just a dick. Hated going in here, but I didn't know of any other shops in the area at the time.

Also witnessed that older bearded guy who always wore like 12 guns on him (I'm pretty sure he works at Four Seasons now, lol) draw his gun and charge the door after two Spanish teens walked in then out. THAT was the straw that broke the camels back for me. The staff scared me, lol.

he does work for 4 seasons. same getup, has not changed his clothes in10 yrs. don't know why they let him get away with it; do they not know how ridiculous he looks. way back then i went to the gunroom just after depositing a $4000 check received from an insurance injury settlement. mentioned it and was about to order guns; he gave me a bag of his morality shit for taking the money, blew the sale and i walked out in front of o'leary. he was not fired?; the reason is o'leary, with all his tough talk, was really a coward and was afraid of him.

Last edited:
he does work for 4 seasons. same getup, has not changed his clothes in10 yrs. don't know why they let him get away with it; do they not know how ridiculous he looks. way back then i went to the gunroom just after depositing a $4000 check received from an insurance injury settlement. mentioned it and was about to order guns; he gave me a bag of his morality shit for taking the money, blew the sale and i walked out in front of o'leary. he was not fired?; the reason is o'leary, with all his tough talk, was really a coward and was afraid of him.

I'm new to the area (just outside of Boston) and it's these types of experiences that make me not want to do business with these establishments. While I usually give the benefit-of-the-doubt to most establishments, the amount of time it would take me to drive there and back would negate any open-mindedness I would have about this.

Back
Top Bottom