gun rests

wjsmall97

NES Member
I was wondering what other people are using for rests. I have an old outers varminter rest ( I think that is the name), and could use a new/ better one. Mainly for bolt actions and lever guns.
Bill

Last edited:
After decades using traditional front varmint or bench rest type rest with sandbag I have switched over to using Harris bi-pod up front with rear bag (or not).

I started with bi pod for shooting prone. Then playing with it on bench found it was as good or better than old setup. Have not used old set up in over a year.

If you want to go with a led sled go with DRT dual rail technology. You can work action of lever rifle between rails. The led sled will tame recoil but I don’t think as accurate as other set ups for top precision work.

If your looking to be able to operate the lever action. Make sure you know it has the room under to do so.
I have the lead sled listed above its been great for years, 20 round mags hit the rail though. I find myself torn bewtween sand bags and my sled. The sand bags are more cumbersome to drag out.
I like my bipod too. Harris with the left right cant but i find them to be more of a pain to keep adjusting.

Back
Top Bottom