Gun purchase from out of state

EDD

NES Member
I am a Licensed MA resident and have a question about a long gun purchase from someone from NH. Can this be done? What do I need to do? Do I need to do this through an FFL or is FTF ok? What forms ect? My wife's uncle is considering selling an SKS and a Mini 14. Any compliance issues with any of these? Thanks in advance.

IANAL but will give you what is my understanding of the situation. ALL out of state transactions must go through an FFL, I believe you can do the whole transfer for long arms at a NH FFL bring them back to mass and FA-10 them. As far as compliance the only thing would be the AWB for the Mini 14, if it has evil features it must be pre 94 and any high cap mags must be pre ban as well. If I where you I would Email or PM one of our resident lawyers with all of the details and get a proper answer.

Well that answers my questions. Thank you. Anyone know of a FFL in the Keene/Southern NH area that is good to work with? What is the average transfer fee? Do I return the completed FA-10 form to my PD?
Thanks Again

You mail the FA-10 to the Firearms Record Bureau in Chelsea, MA. Instructions are on the form.

Back
Top Bottom