Gun cabinet Warning... Stack-On review

lemonlime571

Army Veteran
I just thought I would share an interesting new piece of info regarding to Stack-On gun cabinets. I have one of the small ones that hold a few handguns. I just use it for documents and other crap that I don't want just lying around. I realized that I couldn't find the keys and it isn't worth more than a call to a smith or anything in depth. This presented a perfect opportunity to test the durability of said cabinet and drillability of the lock.

It took 3 seconds for a low-budget wood drill bit to blow through the cheap aluminum of that lock and allow access to the contents. I then took a pry-bar to one of the sides as this now is a useless cabinet. It took 10 seconds to tear one of the sides completely off, and I was barely trying. End of story, this thing isn't keeping out anyone who wants what's inside it. If the full size cabinets are made anything like this one, I wouldn't trust any firearms inside of them. Go with a real safe.

This is why you shoot the intruder BEFORE they try and break into your safe. I've got news for you, most safes for the consumer market aren't that much more secure. Sure, the stack-on took 15 seconds, but a regular safe would only take minutes. There have been youtube videos showing it.

Back
Top Bottom