• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

guess the occupation

Our judicial system sucks. Send Martha Stewart to jail for 6 months and let criminals go free.
Our legislative branch does as well. 8700 earmarks.
And Obama is president.

Our judicial system sucks. Send Martha Stewart to jail for 6 months and let criminals go free.
Our legislative branch does as well. 8700 earmarks.
And Obama is president.

My prof. put it best, "plea bargaining is the grease that keeps the wheels of criminal court moving."

The crux is finding the sweet spot in balance between justice and fair.

You are taking a little poetic justice with the article... are you not?

He never pulled the gun on anyone and never threatened anyone

And I though I could split hairs with the best of them but you sir make me look like a heathen. [smile]

Buffalo Police Officer Mitchell J. Thomas today admitted displaying a loaded handgun and swearing at bar security personnel at a Main Street bar last year.

If you display a gun, regardless of whether or not it was "pulled", it *can* (in MA more than likely will regardless of context) be construed as a threat if the context is right. Although the article does not say it outright, but it appears the context here is right for taking this as a threat and not as a show and tell exercise. And was he carrying his firearm while drinking is another interesting question not answered here.

If you display a gun, regardless of whether or not it was "pulled", it *can* (in MA more than likely will regardless of context) be construed as a threat if the context is right. Although the article does not say it outright, but it appears the context here is right for taking this as a threat and not as a show and tell exercise. And was he carrying his firearm while drinking is another interesting question not answered here.

My point is that "Displaying" and swearing at someone is a far cry from "Pulling a gun on someone and threatening them" as the OP implies.

The punishment is commensurate with the former.

Back
Top Bottom