GSG5 Help needed

Anyone know stuff about a GSG5? It's the original model if that matters.
I was shooting the other day and after couple hundred rounds it jammed on ejection. I noticed the ejection port looked different. The bolt doesn't sit right.

I took off the stock and found this piece fell off.

img20130307203738733.jpg

Now this part has sprung backwards a little bit preventing the bolt from going all the way back The part with the screw needs to be held forward.

img20130307203754512.jpg

looks easy enough to put back right? But I can't figure it out because even when I get it bolted back on the way it seems to supposed to sit the bolt still sits off like you can see in the second pic

Any help is appreciated

Pull out the two take down pins, next slide the lower back and down, and then slide out the bolt carrier assembly to check it for damage and or missing screws . Post photos of the carrier.

Upgrade the screws while your at it. I think the screws and pushpins can be found at rrages.com. I upgraded the screws takedown pins and buffer for under 50 bucks. It's worth it.

It looks to be ok . Clean and lube bolt assembly, reassemble gun . The tombstone looking piece that fell out holds the bolt assembly in place . Be sure that the bolt assembly is fully forward and the tombstone piece is seated in the notch in the upper receiver .
When installing the bolt assembly into the upper be careful because there is a little spring for the bolt hold open lever that is very easy to lose. If you look into the ejection port with the bolt removed you can see it ( it looks like a ball point pen spring) . This is must order spare part , so are the extractor and extractor springs.

Back
Top Bottom