• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Group Buys Rock - My Newest AR

I just put this together, partly from bits acquired over some recent group buys. I was one of the lucky few to get a Code Red lower in the second group buy (sorry guys), I just got my LPKs from the latest not tom GB, and the mat it is laying on is also from the latest Tekmat GB.

The only thing it is missing is my ICE Arms BCG, which I hope is coming very soon.

The barrel is a 16" Del-Ton, heavy, target crown. It came with an A2 FSB that I cut down to fit under the aluminum free float tube. The buttstock is a Blackhawk that someone recently posted a deal on, I think it was around $50 complete.

The upper is one of the $99 TNW billet uppers that I posted about not too long ago.

I will end up putting one of my Primary Arms red dots on it, once I decide which one of my ARs has to go. I've got a couple of very similar rifles that I think I can part with one of them.

Anyway, here it is.

Last edited:
These latest parts kits are the best I have ever used. I literally built this whole rifle in about an hour, without a mark on the receiver. The trigger guard roll pin and bolt catch roll pin went in like butter, and I didn't launch a single detent.

Now that I look at it, the finish on the Code Red lower is beautiful. I have no complaints at all, well, except that they have screwed about a hundred other guys. I really hope they finally come through for everyone else.

Now that I look at it, the finish on the Code Red lower is beautiful.

I was going to comment about the finish before you posted. It does look nice. Upper looks good too. Hell the entire thing looks nice. I'm currently in the middle of my first AR assembly. I haven't even finished and I'm already planning another one. haha.

Yes they do rock, I credit the build I finished today to Not Tom and lcscape
My fourth AR in OD green w/o optics- straight iron sight shooter.
View attachment 69948View attachment 69949View attachment 69950
People who facilitate group buys, help others exercise their second amendment rights
by making items affordable and accessible when the liberal hysteria-mongers and their
puppet legislators try to make our rights more restrictive everyday.
In a sense, Group buy NESers are true patriots!

mclina
I'm using the same hand guard on my cr build , how much you paid for it and who makes it?.
I got mine at collectors on stone ham for 60$. No idea who made it.

It's a 12" DPMS hand guard. I got it from Brownells. It was $49.99 with my C&R discount.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...uards/ar-15-m16-free-float-tube-prod5585.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

How do you get a front site on that thing?

This one is going to be optics only. I've got enough other rifles with iron sights that I won't need to take this one into battle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom