Great Artice from Milford Daily News FOR less gun control

Mike S

NES Member
From former State Legislator Marie Parete:

"Whereas by a Resolve of the General Court of this State, past the 2nd of April 1778, for raising 1300 men for North River, it was among other Things resolved that every person who supply himself with a good firelock and bayonet, cartouche-box, haversack and blanket ... shall receive, agreeable to a resolve by the Congress, ... two dollars for the use of his firelock, bayonet and cartouche and two dollars for the use of his blanket and four dollars in like proportion for either of them."

According to the Acts and Resolves of 1779, "after producing proper vouchers they were so provided. It is my considered belief the farmers earned tacit approval of private gun ownership." In conclusion, I said, "Had not the farmers brought their private weapons to the Revolutionary War we might not be standing here today."

Article here.

Last edited:
Marie Parente was/is the absolute best. It was a sad statement on our times and this hopelessly pathetic state that she was ousted.

CLMN

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't she toe the party line and vote for Ch. 180?
You know what? Even if you are right, at this point, if the recognition is sincere, I am willing to forgive and move forward...

There was a mass (no pun intended) brainwash of this state (and others), starting first in the 30's then again in the 60's with all the assassinations and again in the 80's with Reagan...

As they say, "politics is like sausage making, you don't want to watch it in action"...

What we need to do is punish those who persist in their delusional version of history and oppressive regimes of gun control and criminalization of otherwise law abiding citizens... Not those who took a little longer than they should have to recognize reality...

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't she toe the party line and vote for Ch. 180?

The tools that can be brought to bear when the speaker wants a particular vote from one of the party members are powerful. Someone has to be willing to give up committee assignments and get a broom closet in the basement for an office the next time space is assigned if they want to vote their conscience and have not been given permission to do so.

The tools that can be brought to bear when the speaker wants a particular vote from one of the party members are powerful. Someone has to be willing to give up committee assignments and get a broom closet in the basement for an office the next time space is assigned if they want to vote their conscience and have not been given permission to do so.

Rob speaks the truth! I visited my Rep in the State House basement after he voted NO on Ch. 180. He's an anti-gun person, but he read the Bill and realized that it was garbage and thus voted against it, under threat (carried out) or serious repercussions for doing so.

that's the way the gov't works on Bacon Hill as well as Capitol Hill! [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom