Grass is greener on the other side

Hey all,
realtively newbie when it comes to guns, I need a handgun for my new job! Was told of this site from a co worker and it has quickly turned into one of my favorite websites to look at. I am looking for some suggestions as to which gun I get, I am looking for a nice and easy gun to maintain as well as a very durable one. Any suggestions is very helpful!
thanks guys,
mike

There are a lot of very good choices you could make, but the most important thing is that you get to a range and shoot as many as you can.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to NES! No suggestions on an appropriate 1st gun, but if you're like most folks here it will eventually become one of many. [laugh] Good luck with your search. BTW, you might get more input if you can narrow your search down to caliber, method of carry, etc. Since it's for your job, does your employer have any requirements that the gun has to meet? The more info you can provide, the more accurate will be the suggestions.

Welcome to NES.

Everybody has an opinion. I really like my Sigs and have never had a malfunction... ever. You can't go wrong with Glock. Legendary reliability. M&P, in my opinion is a good gun for the money.

Did you have a budget? Don't forget to factor in a good gun belt and holster, they make all the difference, as well as lots of practice ammo.

My advice is to head up to MFL and handle some firearms and then rent the ones that feel the best in your hand. If you bring a buddy, you can do this without a license. Your carry gun is like a good pair of running shoes. What fits you well, may not work for me.

My favorite carry gun is a Sig 229 in 40. Some folks hate Sigs and even more hate .40, but it is what works for me and i shoot it very well.

Good luck. Keep us posted. I suggest you use the wait time until your permit comes in to do the homework.

Welcome to NES man! Let us know what you decide to get. Hope you enjoy your first purchase...There will be many more to come I'm sure [smile]

Back
Top Bottom