Grace from Howie Carr Show gets behind a shotgun

She almost fell on her a**. Why do most women lean back when shooting?

Watch Grace’s first shot ever!

Not guilty?

TeasePhoto.png

Not guilty, but WTF, she's never shot a gun, first time eating jerky?!?! And what kinda Ahole gives a petite chic a 12 gauge for her first ever gun to shoot?? Someone that doesn't want her to get into shooting apparently!!

*edit - the boxes infront of her in the pic look to be high brass too.....or at least all the blue federal shell boxes that I have are high brass.

Last edited:
Not guilty, but WTF, she's never shot a gun, first time eating jerky?!?! And what kinda Ahole gives a petite chic a 12 gauge for her first ever gun to shoot?? Someone that doesn't want her to get into shooting apparently!!

*edit - the boxes infront of her in the pic look to be high brass too.....or at least all the blue federal shell boxes that I have are high brass.

I was going to say the exact same thing.
What dumbass gives some 100 pound gal a shotgun for her very first time shooting ?
[banghead]
Glad she gave it a go though.

Jeezass guys it's a clay sport shotty and most likely with target loads which are on the whimpy side.
I have a 20g side by side and with 1oz loads beats you up more than the 12g version I have.
Do I think they should have had a bit more instruction, maybe. I also would have liked to see a better video.
I hope Grace takes the gun thing to a higher level than Howie which only got a gun license because Kahr Arms gave him a pistol. Then took so long getting his permit cause no one ponied up for his license fees.

I hope Grace takes the gun thing to a higher level than Howie which only got a gun license because Kahr Arms gave him a pistol. Then took so long getting his permit cause no one ponied up for his license fees.

For as much money as he must make, he sure is a cheap bastard.

I don't know how I'd get any actual work done if I worked with anyone so gorgeous.

I'd pretty much go broke replacing keyboards - they'd all short-circuit from me drooling on them.

Most people arch their back and stand on their heels when the fire a gun for the first time. Men do it as much as women. I don't know what that seems natural to people, but it's almost universal.

Its like theyre trying to get as far away from the gun as possible while still holding it.

I don't know how I'd get any actual work done if I worked with anyone so gorgeous.

I'd pretty much go broke replacing keyboards - they'd all short-circuit from me drooling on them.

She's a good looking girl but she has that high school/college girl vocal fry voice that drives me friggin crazy. It seems like every female in America under 30 has it. Where did it come from?

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a good looking girl but she has that high school/college girl vocal fry voice that drives me friggin crazy. It seems like every female in America under 30 has it. Where did it come from?
QUOTE]

Evolution.

It's sexy as hell.

The voice she's mimicking is the downfall to any girl who looks a 10. It's like nails on a chalkboard in terms of annoyance. It's absolutely the worst, especially when they end every sentence with that "question/inquisitive " tone. All of a sudden the declaratory sentence becomes a declaratory question. [lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people arch their back and stand on their heels when the fire a gun for the first time. Men do it as much as women. I don't know what that seems natural to people, but it's almost universal.

It's because most people don't have the lower back and shoulder muscles to hold an 8 pound mass steady at arms length. It's immediately strenuous and painful and they're holding their breath and wiggling all over the place from muscle fatigue. If they lean back it centers the mass over their feet and reduces the strain. I'm only 135 pounds so firing my 20" barrel 590 is pretty awkward. The "slow-push" recoil sends me backwards so I have to get my torso way forward of my feet and the gun gets heavy quick even though I lift weights. It must be brutal for a lightweight female with limited upper body strength. My AR is much, much easier for me to handle.

It's because most people don't have the lower back and shoulder muscles to hold an 8 pound mass steady at arms length.

The phenomenon KD is talking about though even applies to women holding a .22 pistol that might weigh less than a pound, they still rock back. It's not the weight, it's some kind of weird ergnomic "tic" that people have when they hold guns for the first time. It "feels natural" to do stupid shit like that even though it's terrible technique. The weight probably amplifies the effect/desire, yes, I can agree with that, but I don't think that's where it emanates from. People pick up a gun and they haven't even had like 2 seconds to get fatigued and they're already rocked back.

-Mike

Evolution.

It's sexy as hell.

No, it's not, and it's not an evolution of anything. It's a bunch of women trying to (perhaps even subconciously?) imitate a smaller subset of women, and they fail at doing so and sound 10x worse than the women they're imitating.

Thankfully I think the "epidemic" is overstated.

-Mike

The phenomenon KD is talking about though even applies to women holding a .22 pistol that might weigh less than a pound, they still rock back. It's not the weight, it's some kind of weird ergnomic "tic" that people have when they hold guns for the first time. It "feels natural" to do stupid shit like that even though it's terrible technique. The weight probably amplifies the effect/desire, yes, I can agree with that, but I don't think that's where it emanates from. People pick up a gun and they haven't even had like 2 seconds to get fatigued and they're already rocked back.

-Mike

I also think a lot of people aren't used to having an explosion go off so close to their face for the first time. Let's not forget that even Gersh Kuntzman had a similar experience. [lol]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

It's because most people don't have the lower back and shoulder muscles to hold an 8 pound mass steady at arms length. It's immediately strenuous and painful and they're holding their breath and wiggling all over the place from muscle fatigue. If they lean back it centers the mass over their feet and reduces the strain. I'm only 135 pounds so firing my 20" barrel 590 is pretty awkward. The "slow-push" recoil sends me backwards so I have to get my torso way forward of my feet and the gun gets heavy quick even though I lift weights. It must be brutal for a lightweight female with limited upper body strength.

Hold the gun up with your trigger hand. Steady with your weak hand. That way you use your shoulders and upper back. Pull up, don't push up.

You should be able to hold a 10 lb rifle at your shoulder with one hand. I can hold it forever and don't lift weights. The forward grip is for steadying only. This will tighten up your off-hand shooting groups.

See the WW2 Army rifle training vids for the Garand. They can be found online

Last edited:

Well that must be some kind of a ban record

Back
Top Bottom