Got the Class A LTC!!!!! Cant take guns home....YET

It was 6 weeks and 1 day. The police LT was really cool, I stopped by to get an update (which I thought may of ticked off the LT) and he was talkative and more then happy to let me know how far along I was, a few days later he got the ID and called me to pick it up so I wouldnt have to wait for it in the mail. I even stopped by after the hours his does the firearm stuff.

So I went to Four Seasons to pick up the M4A3 and I also got a S&W 1911.....started the FBI check and no-go. They need to look into my paperwork or whatever it is. At the latest I'll have the stuff on Thursday. Then I'll post pics.

Pretty excited, just need to get to a range and get myself more comfortable.

I bought:

M4A3
S&W 1911
cleaning kit
.45 FMJ (50 rounds)
.45 hollow point (for when the Zombie's break into the house) (30 rounds)
.223 ammo (80 rounds)
Two new magazines for the M4

I didnt want to go nuts with the ammo, figure buying what you need is the right thing to do and I spent a shit ton of cash on everything.

I was kind of bumming I couldnt take the stuff home but Matt at Four Seasons showed me how to use/clean/tear down the guns and that should hold me over.

Four Seasons is great, Matt made things pretty easy for me since I'm not as experienced as others. If you guys want to buy something; based of what I just went through I would highly recommend Matt @ Four Seasons.

Of course not...target and hunting.

Going to try to get the restriction lifted every year. The Stoughton LT said it isnt something I cant have but never owning a gun; he'd like to see me own it for a year without issue. I see his point in a way.

i have to go through that same BS everytime I buy something. For me it is because i have an arrest on my record. There is a number you can call for the FBI and you can request the forms to try to fore-go all of that, and if they see you as being worthy enough they will issue you a new pin number that you would use instead of the one that Mass gave you...i THINK i still have the number laying around the house somewhere if i can find it i'll PM it to you.

Ok cool.

Matt said it's likely because my name comes up elsewhere, the paperwork wasnt pushed through or whatever. Either way I get the stuff on Thursday.

i have to go through that same BS everytime I buy something. For me it is because i have an arrest on my record. There is a number you can call for the FBI and you can request the forms to try to fore-go all of that, and if they see you as being worthy enough they will issue you a new pin number that you would use instead of the one that Mass gave you...i THINK i still have the number laying around the house somewhere if i can find it i'll PM it to you.

the PIN MA gives you is only in case your fingerprint doesnt work. The "pin" the feds give you is a unique way to ID you to them, and it is usually applied for by people who have issues because there is someone else out there with similar information as yours. Two different pins for two different purposes.

There is most likely someone who has similar enough info as you to have them delay the process in order to make sure the person who isnt prohibited is buying.

Search this site for UPIN and you'll get the link you need. I think it takes a few months but will let you know as I'm in the same boat.

Do you guys usally have to wait the week or does the store call you back in after a day or two?

I'll want to take a day off from work to get the stuff so I want to be able to give my boss a heads up.

Question for you guys.............if I get delayed once does that mean I always will? Like is there a chance that this is a one time thing....realisticly?

Last edited:
Ive been delayed on 4 of the 4 firearm purchases I have made. I have an arrest on my record, but the charges were dropped. I am trying to figure out the FBI UPIN thing. Any hints?

Thanks Walther! I was looking for that link to the application - I knew I had seen it before, but couldnt find it. Thanks again!

I was told they can only make me wait 72 hours. The guy at Four Seasons said if I dont hear from them by Thursday to stop by and just pick the guns up. I'm going to call to be sure.

I was told they can only make me wait 72 hours. The guy at Four Seasons said if I dont hear from them by Thursday to stop by and just pick the guns up. I'm going to call to be sure.

I believe this is true. If the Feds dont get back to the FFL within 3 business days (may stretch over a weekend), by law, the FFL can transfer the gun to you.

Back
Top Bottom