• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got my order in at cmp for the 9mm

Got my order accepted at cmp for a case of 9mm after joining GOAL. GOAL is a good organization to support so I don’t mind having to join. I’m thinking the order is going to go to back order status because I dont see the amount on hand in the store anymore, but that’s ok as long as the price is locked in And I have enough on hand for a while. I’m worried with everything going on that prices are going to start rising again so I will feel worse to see the prices go back to .50 cpr than I will if they drop to .25 cpr and I don’t cancel in time.

Got my order accepted at cmp for a case of 9mm after joining GOAL. GOAL is a good organization to support so I don’t mind having to join. I’m thinking the order is going to go to back order status because I dont see the amount on hand in the store anymore, but that’s ok as long as the price is locked in And I have enough on hand for a while. I’m worried with everything going on that prices are going to start rising again so I will feel worse to see the prices go back to .50 cpr than I will if they drop to .25 cpr and I don’t cancel in time.
Prices are definitely going back up after coming down a little bit. I visited a couple of different shops today in NH , prices were ridiculous , I didn't buy a damn thing.

Relax for 3-4 months, order will come eventually. 33cpr for 9mm brass is ok.

. I’m thinking the order is going to go to back order status because I dont see the amount on hand in the store anymore,
What happens at the CMP is that they put up ammo in "blocks" and when the block for a certain ammo is emptied out it can take some time for them to update it with another "block".

If you go there now you will see that the 9mm has been replenished and you should order up ASAP...

Both the Blazer 9mm in 115grains and 124 grains now showing "+99" cases in stock at the time of this post.

~Enbloc

What happens at the CMP is that they put up ammo in "blocks" and when the block for a certain ammo is emptied out it can take some time for them to update it with another "block".

If you go there now you will see that the 9mm has been replenished and you should order up ASAP...

Both the Blazer 9mm in 115grains and 124 grains now showing "+99" cases in stock at the time of this post.

~Enbloc
Thank you for the info, I’m ok with one to three months delivery

Finally snapped and ordered a case of .45 and a case of 9mm. Haven’t bought ammo for at least 6 months due to the ridiculous prices combined with the fact that I haven’t needed any. No reason to buy for stock at these prices. These latest CMP prices are good given the current market but both of them were $79 per case more than I paid the last time. As @enbloc has said, when I buy from the CMP I buy for inventory, so I really don’t care when I get it.

I just tried checking out/completing purchase at the CMP website... Error message: "Required: please provide proof of US Citizenship or participating club membership..." (etc etc).

A copy of maybe my birth certificate or proof of gun club/range membership? To buy a few boxes of ammo? "Papers, please...Show us your Papers!!"

I'll pass, but.. thanks anyways...

I just tried checking out/completing purchase at the CMP website... Error message: "Required: please provide proof of US Citizenship or participating club membership..." (etc etc).

A copy of maybe my birth certificate or proof of gun club/range membership? To buy a few boxes of ammo? "Papers, please...Show us your Papers!!"

You have to be a member of a CMP affiliated club such as GOAL. It's really easy. Just log into your GOAL account and save the electronic/PDF copy of your membership card and send it to Laura and/or Traci at the CMP. They'll update your account same day.
[email protected]
[email protected]

You have to be a member of a CMP affiliated club such as GOAL. It's really easy. Just log into your GOAL account and save the electronic/PDF copy of your membership card and send it to Laura and/or Traci at the CMP. They'll update your account same day.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Well.. I am a GOAL member, but.. I don't have any "account" or login (that I know of) and really don't want to take the time to set up an account etc etc, if the intention is to be able to do business with CMP etc...Again it just seems like extra hoops to jump through, in order to do business with a company on the internet.
Maybe, instead, I'll just send my "Proof of COVID vaccination" paperwork that the government is gonna tattoo on my arm next week or whatever...(sarc)..

Just sayin'

Well.. I am a GOAL member, but.. I don't have any "account" or login (that I know of) and really don't want to take the time to set up an account etc etc, if the intention is to be able to do business with CMP etc...Again it just seems like extra hoops to jump through, in order to do business with a company on the internet.
Maybe, instead, I'll just send my "Proof of COVID vaccination" paperwork that the government is gonna tattoo on my arm next week or whatever...(sarc)..

Just sayin'

Jesus, what's the biggie about creating an account at CMP?
Would you set up an account at TSUSA so that you could order ammo?

At least CMP doesn't charge sales tax...

But..if I'm remembering correctly, TSUSA didn't require "Proof of Citizenship" nor "Club membership" in order to buy from them.. (but I could be mistaken cuz it's been a while since I first joined, but I do order from them every month or so..

Jesus, what's the biggie about creating an account at CMP?
Would you set up an account at TSUSA so that you could order ammo?

At least CMP doesn't charge sales tax...
I never understood the people who thought the CMP had a lot of "hoops to jump through." It's like three minutes worth of work, lol.

Even worse are the people who complain about "the hoops" and then wax poetically about needing to spend $1200+ on a Garand when they could have done trivial paperwork and gotten a working rifle for $650-$850 delivered to their door...

But..if I'm remembering correctly, TSUSA didn't require "Proof of Citizenship" nor "Club membership" in order to buy from them.. (but I could be mistaken cuz it's been a while since I first joined, but I do order from them every month or so..
If I recall MA inmates need(ed) to provide a copy of their LTC.

When I initially setup my CMP account I had to provide both club membership and proof of citizenship. It is more hoops than other online retailers, so I get it... but to me it was worth it

Just sayin'

It's not that big of a deal. Scan your GOAL membership card (or even take a pic of it with your cell phone) and send it to them. Are you 100 years old or something?

The CMP is not a normal online retailer. It is a government chartered corporation intended to promote firearms training, especially target shooting, among U.S. citizens with an emphasis on young people. Hence the requirement for U.S. citizenship and membership in a shooting club. All of the CMP’s requirements are dictated by their government charter. You don’t really “join” the CMP, you just prove you are eligible to participate in their purchasing programs. Where else can you get an M1 Garand for $650?

Once your order is in it’s all set and they don’t hit your card until it ships. My last order was 16 weeks before it shipped.

Bob

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks for posting this. They did indeed update my account the same day.

Thats how the cmp rolls.

Back
Top Bottom