• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got a response from State Rep Carolyn Dykema of Holliston

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Because we are an employer in MA I contacted reps in the districts where we have offices as well as my local reps, the Governor's office and Rep. Linsky.

The only one I've gotten a response from thus far is from Rep. Dykema of Holliston. She replied at some length in a noncommittal but helpful way.

Many of the specific concerns that I've heard from firearms owners are in response to legislation filed by Governor Patrick and Rep. David Linsky. While these bills represent the start to a conversation in the legislature, we all understand that nothing will move forward until there has been adequate time to hear from the public and have an honest discussion about what measures will truly have an impact on protecting our citizens. There already seems to be common ground emerging with respect to stricter penalties for gun crimes and more vigilence in performing background checks.

Speaker DeLeo recently announced the establishment of a task force that will focus on gathering and evaluating feedback from experts and the public in the coming months and make recommendations to the legislature by the end of the summer. I will share information on the task force's schedule with you when it becomes available.

Sounds like Speaker DeLeo should be added to the list of those to contact.

Back
Top Bottom