Good MA Gun Store for Hunters?

I was wondering what do you guys like for gun shops around here that cater more towards the hunting crowd? I just moved to Mass and everyone raved about FS in Woburn, which I went to and ordered a nice duck gun for a pretty good price. Customer Service was so so and when I was inquiring about at 300wsm I want the guy seemed pretty uninterested. Didn't even shake my hand when I was done, oh well.

Where do you guys recommend? Any place you can go and actually shoot the shit with other hunters?

Roach's sporting goods in Cambridge has hunting supplies and of course guns.

I personally havent been there but I hear that Hunter's Trading Post in weymouth is geared fairly heavily towards hunting.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I knew about Bass Pro but I wanted to support a local gun shop, I also found Blue Northern in Ayer Mass that seems pretty good. I was just completely turned off by this guy at FS. I literally walked in there, knew what I wanted, bought it then wanted to talk about a different rifle I'm looking at. I figured paying in full for something thats not even in stock they would have at least given me the time of day for 10 minutes or so. Like I said oh well, at least the price was good.

The natick outdoor store, but it really doesn't have a gun shop feel to it. They have a lot of guns geared towards hunting though.

Bass Pro Shops. As much as i'd rather support local stores they have a good selection of hunter specific guns.

i second roaches in porter sqare cambridge they allways have pretty reasonable prices on rifles and handguns and i have gotten most of my outdoor gear from them since i was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom