Good local news story on gun ownership

Well this is strange news media showing something positive in reguards to guns!!!
I was surprised to see the woman who was robbed in the video.
I was talking to her a few weeks ago about Cowboy Action Shooting. She said she was going to take the class.
Great people.
My friends have had most of the women in their family take the course & get their LTC.
Score one for our side!!!

I'm sure that the Springfield media doesn't want to say anything bad about one of their largest local employers. The Boston based media would treat the story a lot differently, if they covered it at all. To them, anything West of Worcester may as well be another state.
I wish they were right!

Bathgate says "We like to get people into fundamentals. The grip, the stance, the sight alignment, the trigger press. How to draw for concealment and the fact that you should wear some concealment. You want to hide it, you don't want people to know your carrying the gun."

It was great until this....You either support freedom and the right to bear arms or you don't..stop with this "should conceal" BS....As far as I know NO State in New England requires concealment. On a warm day (like today) its more comfortable to Open Carry..which I did..and the sheeple in CT were not scared..no one died..no one was hurt..no police were called..

Last edited:
I'm sure that the Springfield media doesn't want to say anything bad about one of their largest local employers. The Boston based media would treat the story a lot differently, if they covered it at all. To them, anything West of Worcester may as well be another state.

Can we?!?!?! Please oh please!

Bathgate says "We like to get people into fundamentals. The grip, the stance, the sight alignment, the trigger press. How to draw for concealment and the fact that you should wear some concealment. You want to hide it, you don't want people to know your carrying the gun."

It was great until this....You either support freedom and the right to bear arms or you don't..stop with this "should conceal" BS....As far as I know NO State in New England requires concealment. On a warm day (like today) its more comfortable to Open Carry..which I did..and the sheeple in CT were not scared..no one died..no one was hurt..no police were called..

I would so love to open carry. However, living here in MA I would probably be arrested and deemed inappropriate to carry/own a gun at all.

BINGO!

This has more to do with support of a major local employer than anything else.

Springfield is already a cesspool. Imagine what it would become if S&W moved out.

I would so love to open carry. However, living here in MA I would probably be arrested and deemed inappropriate to carry/own a gun at all.

I hear you..If it was not for others starting the movement to educate LEO's and the people of CT..not to mention Lawsuits..I prob would be concealing all the time in public as well..

great clip!

some of ya'll are a bunch of negative nancy's [angry2]

who cares that it's in Springfield... it showed WOMEN shooting big scary guns... -not the stereotype [STRIKE]tin foiler[/STRIKE] gun owner

Others taking the class feel they need to get a pistol permit now before the state stops handing them out.

Massachusetts Resident Kristyn Samere says "The agenda of our government is certainly putting a lot of pressure on people. We are feeling like maybe our rights will be impaired and our future so we want to take a stand certainly while we have the opportunity."
[grin]

[rolleyes]

Do you seriously have a need to feel miserable? Most of the people whom they are teaching are buying for self-defense - for defensive purposes having the gun concealed is much smarter than having it carried openly.

It gets annoying that someone always has to nitpick something in order to downplay an otherwise positive story.

for defensive purposes having the gun concealed is much smarter than having it carried openly.

That's your opinion...You might stop a violent attack just from the mere sight of your openly holstered pistol..so for defensive purposes..I would argue Open-Carry is smarter....It is a positive story..more people with guns..I love it....and if he stated that "in his opinion" concealed carry was smarter..well that's ok...and if it was Florida then I would say ok too..being as Open Carry is unlawful there..but in Mass Open-Carry is not against the law...and they should make that statement in the Classes...don't be ashamed of your rights is something they should say.

The young lady near the end said:
The agenda of our current government is certainly putting a lot of pressure on people. We're feeling like maybe our rights are being impared in the near future so we want to take a stand while we have the oppurtunity.

When "the girl next door" makes a statement like this, I sure as heck hope the politicans are listening.

IMHO these words coming from her as opposed to coming from the average male NES member / Tea Partier carry much more weight.

...on a side note I can't help but wonder if any of the women in the video are here on NES.

The young lady near the end said:

When "the girl next door" makes a statement like this, I sure as heck hope the politicans are listening.

IMHO these words coming from her as opposed to coming from the average male NES member / Tea Partier carry much more weight.

...on a side note I can't help but wonder if any of the women in the video are here on NES.

She was very well spoken, and made a great point. She was also very attractive, which makes hearing ANYTHING better[smile]

bucketduder, re: open carry, if I were a pereson with serious intent to wreak havoc and saw someone open carrying, he's be the first one I'd shoot.
Every one else would be easier.

bucketduder, re: open carry, if I were a pereson with serious intent to wreak havoc and saw someone open carrying, he's be the first one I'd shoot.

There's a reason why LEOs often require triple retention holsters.

Open carry is great for cops who need to project authority. Not so great, for individuals preparing for a potential defensive situation.

The important thing is that the decision of 'which way to go' should be by choice and not legislation.

You have obviously been reading way too much from these people if you truly believe that insane logic...that has no shred of factual evidence behind it.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/

The important thing is that the decision of 'which way to go' should be by choice and not legislation.

I agree 100%!

Last edited:
I don't read Brady propaganda.
I just listen to the experience and wisdom of my IALEFI buddies who train LEOs and others in personal protection.
As well as my own training and experience as an NRA certified Pers. Prot. instructor.
As I've heard said, "shoot the first one at the door, the others will fall in line".

Regardless, it should be a matter of choice, not legislation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom