Good form of gun control

I love those performances.

When did they remove the bayonets? One minute they are attached... then they're gone.

Back in 85 I went to boot camp at Great Lakes and was assigned to Platoon 933, which was a State Flag Demonstration Platoon. We were a sister platoon to 934, which was the Rifle Demonstration Platoon. Not sure how I got that lucky, but it got us out of the normal crap duty you could get while in boot camp. The two platoons would practice every day together. The rifle team doing what was on the attached video and us doing marching manuevers behind them with all 50 State flags. We did three parades and two graduation ceremonies together during my 8 weeks in boot camp. One parade was through the streets of downtown Chicago. It was a great time and the crowds loved the things we did. Those are some great memories.

Funny moment during practice was when one of the rifle team members miscalculated an around the head manuever and knocked himself cold with the butt of his rifle. He was OK after he came to, but he had a nice bruise on the side of his head. Not to mention the "friendly" mocking he got. [wink]

Great stuff! I was hoping that one of them would have popped that stupid little blimp at the end!

I love those performances.

When did they remove the bayonets? One minute they are attached... then they're gone.

If you look closely at the left-end of the line, you will notice one soldier looking down as the others look straight ahead. He will be the first to toss his rifle to the DI(?). It is when he's looking down that he apparently removed the bayonet.

Back
Top Bottom