• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good day striper fishing today!

It was such a beautiful day on the water today, I really didn't care that we didn't catch any fish. But then just about when we were ready to pack it in, we caught these two bad boys within 5 minutes of each other. First one was 44" 25lbs, second one was 46" 30lbs. Good eatin' tonight [smile]

striper2.jpg

striper1.jpg

It was in the Merrimack river up in Newburyport. We fished the mouth trying to catch stripers, and had given up and gone down into the river to see if we could at least catch some catfish when we nailed these two monsters basically by accident. They were so big, I let mine go, and we divided up the fillets from the other one between us. I then gave a quarter of my fillet to my folks when I picked my kid up this afternoon from their house, fried up another quarter for dinner, and still have two quarters left in my freezer.

It was in the Merrimack river up in Newburyport. We fished the mouth trying to catch stripers, and had given up and gone down into the river to see if we could at least catch some catfish when we nailed these two monsters basically by accident. They were so big, I let mine go, and we divided up the fillets from the other one between us. I then gave a quarter of my fillet to my folks when I picked my kid up this afternoon from their house, fried up another quarter for dinner, and still have two quarters left in my freezer.

Damn ive been kicking myself all summer trying to get out there but stuff keeps coming up, now I have to go in search of the one you threw back [laugh]

Bi is definitely where to go, I've never been. I got a dinner sized striper early this year, 30". I got my limit on Tog yesterday, Castle Hill and Dumplings RI.

Viz was just ok, opened up on the bottom around 20-25 feet. Saw a schoolie striper and that was it for bass, tog were everywhere! 3 shots, 3 fish, I love when that happens!

Haha, no. From Marty H's Fathers boat. It is kept in the canal, very handy.

Had orders to burn off some fuel before it comes out of the water next weekend. Twist our arms!
Not bad for my first time out this year, today.

Back
Top Bottom