Going to reapply for my FID/LTC back after it being revoked about 10 years ago.

Hello all, I live in Massachusetts, about 10 years ago I lost my FID card due to the police seeing it unlocked within my own home. They took my rifle and charged me with Improper storage of a firearm, I also had a few other charges that seem to have disappeared, it has never affected my jobs nor does it up on the Checkr reports. I'm sure I have the records sealed and are still somewhat visible though. However most were gone due to good behavior. In Massachusetts, apparently that's a huge deal. They Revoked my FID card. I know am considering at least trying to resubmit my application and hope for the best.

My questions if anyone knows are as follows..
I would prefer a LTC so something like this never happens again, I would like to also get a fingerprint case. However if it's much easier to get an FID that's fine for me, I frequently have to rent everytime I go shooting.

My original issuing office was Boston so I couldn't get an LTC although now I live in a Suburb Green area.

On the form it asks if I have ever had a license revoked which I need to answer yes and explain?

I would be applying for a new one or for my existing one?

If I choose to go for an LTC it asks for a letter stating why I would like to apply for a LTC although FID doesn't require that. My main purpose is I'm a hiker and constantly walking, I also am a delivery driver (Whether I'm allowed to carry at work is unclear as of now). The biggest reason is range time with family and friends.

I have everything ready to go besides the letters and I even have my live fire certified LTC signed by a State Police instructor. Is there anything that I should know?
Thanks in advance

The revocation is going to be a problem. Applying and being denied will be a bigger problem. This is the reason for the above lawyer recommendations. Good luck…
Someone told me since the case was dismissed.
And I have no charges I could theoretically, just try to be honest and submit an application. I realized a lawyer would be the best case scenario.

If you go the honesty route, make sure you follow through by being honest. The app will ask you if you have been arrested. Don't play games with the answer. Don't try to pretend you were not arrested because you are under the impression your record has been expunged. The question being asked is if you have ever been arrested, not if you have been convicted of a crime. Also, saying you are applying for an LTC because you are wanting to fulfill your constitutional right as defined in the 2nd amendment is an entirely sufficient and suitable response.

And I have no charges I could theoretically, just try to be honest and submit an application. I realized a lawyer would be the best case scenario.
The problem is, if you misremember something, the police will assume you are lying and will deny you.

You must get documentation from the court so that you ensure that everything you write or say (or better yet, that your lawyer writes and says) is completely accurate AND it is clear to the licensing officer that it is completely accurate.

Remember, please, that you only have once chance to get this right. The police won’t give you a second try. You cannot have a single mistake.

If you’re serious about getting your LTC, get all your court records and get one of the lawyers shared here. You don’t want a denial on your record.

The problem is, if you misremember something, the police will assume you are lying and will deny you.

You must get documentation from the court so that you ensure that everything you write or say (or better yet, that your lawyer writes and says) is completely accurate AND it is clear to the licensing officer that it is completely accurate.

Remember, please, that you only have once chance to get this right. The police won’t give you a second try. You cannot have a single mistake.
The more I look the more it seems Laywer is the way to go, however if I ever did try to fill the form out, are they looking for the firearm charge or also the other charges which there are a few that were all Dismissed as well. Most but not all were attributed to that same day.

The more I look the more it seems Laywer is the way to go, however if I ever did try to fill the form out, are they looking for the firearm charge or also the other charges which there are a few that were all Dismissed as well. Most but not all were attributed to that same day.

LAWYER IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO AND BE SUCCESSFUL. PERIOD.

@M1911 recommended two excellent lawyers that may prevail. The one sure thing is that if you try to do this yourself you will lose and probably forfeit your 2A “rights” in the process.

They are looking for everything, even if they were dismissed. List them all and their outcome.

You need to disclose every charge you have ever had, every time you have been arrested (even if not charged), and the disposition of every case.

You have only one chance to get this right. If the licensing officer finds something that you didn’t disclose, or finds a discrepancy between what you disclosed and what is in the court records, he will deny you for lying to him. Then future licensing officers might deny you due to your “history of lying”.

Get a lawyer.

Anyone, who has has some "issues" that may or may not cause permanent disqualification, in an Communist State, seeking to gain re-issue, and thinks they got a shot at succeeding without an Attorney, well, good luck with that.

I had a minor being present COF over 52 years ago and I'm still being harassed by it to this day. The possession party, also a minor, had a couple joints and a couple pills in his cigarette pack. Stupid. That is the only blemish on my record and its frustrating to be harassed by it all these years later, no need of it.

Anyway, I'm just parroting what others have said, you need professional representation.

You should be able to get a copy of your record from your local PD for a small fee. That would show all the charges that they will see when they do a check on you for a permit, they all need to be disclosed on the application.
You say that you now live in a green town, depending just how Green, you may consider talking to the chief. My town will let you know if there is a something preventing them from issuing, and there is only a problem if they legally can't do it.
Not knowing how to answer questions, what to put on the app, what would be a permanent disqualifier are all best answered by lawyer. Sure, you can do your research, but you don't want to do something that can't be undone. for lack of the proper information

Back
Top Bottom