• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

going on a show snow shoe hare trip advice

Been keeping an eye on the weather forecast and things look GREAT. Lows in the teens and highs in the low to mid 30s and light snow overnight one day....getting excited.

Cleaned up the shotguns with my son the other night.....packed up the cleaning kit and spare tools into an ammo can. Truck got an oil change last weekend and a detailing in and out (I hate traveling and starting a hunting trip with a dirty truck)......almost ready

Amazing trip. 7 rabbits for my son and I.....my brother in law struck out.....he was having a hard time getting ahead of the dogs. The snow was DEEP and the dogs were upwards of 30 minutes behind the rabbits. My son and I kind of figured out how to read where the rabbits would come out ahead of where we heard the dogs. 6-7 feet of soft snow in the woods made moving tough but we sweated it out literally and stayed on top of em. Hard work and we went to bed tired every night. My son loved the 20 inch barrel side by side for thick woods work and fast shots on close running bunnies. He calls it his bunny blaster now.

More great memories to last a lifetime.

IMG_20190221_153137.jpg IMG_20190221_153137.jpg IMG_20190221_113245.jpg IMG_20190221_145111.jpg IMG_20190222_093104.jpg

Last edited:
To get to good hunting areas that were farther up the old logging trails the guide used the quad track to get us in. Amazing machine and was fun to ride around in the deep snow. The red box on the back is to carry the beagles. He's got a hell of set up. We hunted spots that no hunter has hit in ages and the covers were full of rabbits.

IMG_20190221_090558.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom