GOAL Pistol Master’s Cup - September 20, 2008

Hopefully many of you saw the announcement in 'The Message'. Here it is...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think you're a good shot? What about a great shot? What does it take to be a great shot? What about a pistol match that tests your ability across five different disciplines of action pistol?

On Saturday, September 20, 2008, the Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford will be hosting the first ever GOAL Pistol Master's Cup match featuring one stage each of USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, falling steel plate and PPC. The person who does the best across all five will be the Cup winner.

The proceeds from the match will benefit GOAL’s Heritage program, which in turn is given back to clubs in the form of grant money. So even if you’re not the GOAL Pistol Master's Cup winner, we all still win.

Each stage of USPSA, IDPA, Steel Plate, Steel Challenge and PPC is worth a max of 100 stage points, for a maximum possible match total of 500 points. Each stage is scored independently. USPSA scoring for the USPSA stage, IDPA scoring for its stage, etc. with the stage winner getting all 100 stage points and the rest get a percentage of stage points based on their percentage as compared to the stage winner. The shooter with the most overall match points for their division is the division winner.

There are five different divisions loosely based on USPSA divisions of Open, Limited, Production, Single Stack and Revolver. You have to use the same gun/holster/etc for all 5 stages and the equipment requirements for the different disciplines would be relaxed. So an open shooter will use their open equipment on the IDPA stage, but will only be able to load 10 rounds into their mags for example.

In addition to the GOAL Pistol Master's Cup, the Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford will also be having its annual Field Day Weekend on Saturday and Sunday which is basically an open house to all the activities that the club has to offer. There will be living history, Native American, archery, range demonstrations, raffles, etc. Field Day is a free event open to the public. This is a great opportunity to bring a non-shooter to see what goes on at a club and to try shooting a firearm for the first time.

The final activity of the day will be the crowning of the GOAL Pistol Master's Cup Champions which will be at the Pig and Chicken Roast on Saturday evening. Tickets for the roast are sold separately. You do not have to be present to receive your award, although you'd be missing a great dinner. The Roast is a BYOB event and reserving tickets ahead of time is strongly suggested. There will be a very limited number of tickets available at the door.

If you're interested in taking a shot at becoming the GOAL Pistol Master's Cup Champion additional information can be found at the club's website www.rodgun-nb.org. If you are interested in helping to run the match or to reserve tickets to the Roast please contact Dave Bold at (508) 984-9589.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Couple of notes:
1) The pig/chicken roast tickets are on sale through Sunday night (9/14) as we have to give the roaster a count on Monday. If you want tickets to the roast, please call me asap - there will only be a very small number of tickets available at the door.

2) We have several volunteers but could use a few more. If you want to do something fun that will help raise much needed funds for GOAL - here's your chance.

Looks like we're going to be around 120 rounds for the match (bring at least 200 just in case). Also, pre-ordering of Pig Roast tickets is over. There will only be a very limited number of tickets at the door. If you are interested, please let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thank you to all the folks who have volunteered to help run this match.

Looks like we're going to be around 120 rounds for the match (bring at least 200 just in case). Also, pre-ordering of Pig Roast tickets is over. There will only be a very limited number of tickets at the door. If you are interested, please let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thank you to all the folks who have volunteered to help run this match.

If there are spots open at this late date, I will make this one. Looks like fun and not too $$$$.

Depending on how many people participate, I'm guessing a finish time somewhere around 1pm - more or less. If you have a noon-time cutoff, I'm sure the folks on your squad wouldn't mind to much if you were the first shooter on the last stage so you could get going when done (although normally, the whole squad stays together until everyone is done so that there are enough people to help out with resetting the stage).

I really wanted to shoot this match. It sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately for me I have a garage roof to strip and re-shingle and this is the first weekend that it is actually going to be nice. I know what I have to do... [sad]

Please take pix and video to share after the match is over and good luck with it. I am sure it will be awesome! [smile]

Five fun stages, great weather. Hats off to Dave and the crew at Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford for a great match. Thanks also to the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford E board for a great field day. It is a good time every year.

Gary

Thanks to all that helped me this week with setup (Dave-MoonClip, Rick, Jay-Diver4Life & Buzz). Thanks to those that volunteered to help run this event (NES'ers DanHurley, RoundGunShooter, JKelly, Diver4Life and Bryan, Ray, Chuck, Cat, Neal, Steve and Lori. Thanks to the Fall River Rod & Gun Club and Tim Kent from Bass River for the loan of several steel targets, and to the Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford for hosting the match.

Results are posted: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/2008GOALCupPistolResults.txt

2008 GOAL Pistol Master's Cup Champions
OPEN - Steve Lyons
LIMITED - Nelson Brum
PRODUCTION - David Bold
SINGLE STACK - Andrew MacGray
REVOLVER - Gary Sinclair

Thanks again for your support. We were able to raise a decent bunch of $$$ for GOAL as well as signup several new GOAL members.

Oh, and those that missed the Pig Roast - you missed a ton of good food!

I had a lot of fun at this. It was nice to just mix it up a little while not having to go through a pain in the butt equipment change.

The USPSA stage was good. It is a good one when you want to go back and try it two or three different ways to see what is actually the best. Shooting the IDPA stage with an open gun was... interesting. I just love the steel stuff. PPC was cool. You don't get any points for headshots though?

Nice job putting it together. I hope to see it bigger next year.

I'm sorry I missed this. I was busy getting myself beat up in the Southnarc class. If it goes on again next year, I plan to be there.

Back
Top Bottom