GOAL Legislator & Candidate Ratings 8/2018

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Per today's GOAL Friday News the ratings for political representatives and candidates have been update.

The only way I see these ratings being effective is if the politicians are made aware that they are being referenced by the voters.
I believe that means folks have to call their representative and comment on the rating.

If representative has an "F" probably not much hope and maybe I lay into them a little.
If they have a "C" then maybe the carrot and stick of disappointment but hope for better is the route to go.
But in any event I would be sure and let them know I intent to share this GOAL ratings resource with friends and family.

It was easy for me and it was with great pleasure that I just got off the phone with the offices of both Rep. Jon Zlotnik and Sen. Dean Tran complimenting them on their "A" ratings.

Again I do not believe these rating mean anything unless folks on Beacon Hill know they are being read and shared.

Thanks for letting me babble, below is the excerpt from the GOAL News...

GOAL Legislator & Candidate Ratings
c326aed1-344f-4ae7-a02f-5f81ae515b4e.jpg

Our new legislator and candidate grades have been posted.

August 24, 2018

GOAL’s Legislator Rating Committee graded the incumbents. The grades are based on actions taken during the 190th General Court of the Massachusetts Legislature, which just wrapped up at the beginning of this month.

These grades are letter grades, A (best) through F (worst). We do not recommend voting for any legislator who received a D or F grade. We have had many questions about the difference between D and F grades. They are separated to show that a legislator with an F grade not only does not support the Second Amendment, they go out of their way to pass laws and support legislation designed to restrict and regulate our civil rights.

Grades for candidates are culled from their answers on our candidate questionnaire. These grades are number grades with a percentage. These grades show a candidates understanding of Second Amendment issues, and are a good barometer for possible actions should this candidate be elected.

Also of note, once again EVERY member of U.S. Congress, and both U.S. Senators representing the state of Massachusetts have received an F grade for their actions taken to restrict and regulate our Second Amendment rights.

You can view all of the grades by following the links below.

MA House of Representatives
MA Senate
MA Statewide
U.S. Congress

:emoji_tiger:

BTW Dean Tran's office, or at least the aide answering the phone, apparently did not know that these ratings even existed and he was genuinely excited to get the positive feedback and was very thankful for the call.

Maybe your rep does not know they exist either and needs to be informed.

As for Tran he stood alone in the Senate on the final vote against the ERPO and should be rewarded with positive feedback -- if he is your guy call him please.

He has to run again in November for the vacated seat he won last year, my wife sent a check to his campaign last month.

BTW Dean Tran's office, or at least the aide answering the phone, apparently did not know that these ratings even existed and he was genuinely excited to get the positive feedback and was very thankful for the call.

Tran stood alone in the Senate on the final vote against the ERPO and should be rewarded with positive feedback -- if he is your guy call him please.

He has to run again in November for the vacated seat he won last year, my wife sent a check to his campaign last month.

Great thought, thank you, definitely call your legislator either way regarding these grades. If they have a bad grade, ask them why they would vote against a civil right, or thank them for supporting one.

As someone who has previously questioned the GOAL ratings in the past, and been very frustrated by them - in particular the reps that had A's & B's even though they were soft on 2A rights - IMHO would say that this current rating iteration is far more reflective of our representatives attitude towards 2A as it exists today.

The individuals listed as A's here should be lauded and celebrated for their efforts. Even if they are not your rep, let them know how you feel about their support. Send them a couple dollars if you can. They need to know that what is essentially the equivalent of sticking their neck out for 2A Rights, in this State at least, is deeply appreciated by many.

People like Dean Tran, Shaunna O'Connell, David DeCoste, Peter Durant, Geoff Diehl, (and the like) are absolute rock stars for those that appreciate Constitutional Rights.

Have had contact with Diehl and met him in person the other day. An honest man was our impression. If you want a quick reference on him, just investigate the MA gas tax increase the would have been every year tied to the MA budget without any voting. Automatic Gas Tax Increases? Inside Ballot Question 1

While he seems to be pro 2A, I'm glad GOAL rates him favorably. The others running against him
Beth Lindstrom and John Kingston are weak on 2A issues, immigration issues, border issues, sanctuary cities, and Kingston won't even respond to any of my questions.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom