Glock Mag Disassembly

Are the 10 round "post ban" Glock mags designed NOT to be disassembled? I watched the videos and have the armorers tool but can not depress the plunger for the life of me. I am pushing so hard I will either break it or stab myself.

I need to clean the mud out of them.

Thanks

Ok, I thought I was doing something wrong as I have the same experience with my G36 mags. I'll await the answer with you.

IIRC, there's also a little tab you need to lift while you slide the floorplate off. Seems to take 3 hands.

Wiggle the baseplate around until you can use a punch to push in the little round button on the bottom of the baseplate with a punch. Once you push it in, use the punch as a lever to pop the baseplate forward off the mag body.

When I disassemble them I use the tool to push in the button and squeeze the sides of the mag in. I then use the tool to push the plate forward. Is the button on the floor plate not depressing at all?

I got so p.o.'ed trying a few years ago that I sent around 8 or so them to Glock to have them rebuilt (free of charge, I don't know if they still do this or not). New springs & followers. Good to go. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom