GLOCK 27

It has nothing to do with headspace.

The .40 is a high pressure cartridge. Extreme care must be taken. Glocks have a large area of the case head unsupported by the barrel.

I have seen a number of Glocks KB when they were loaded with Uncle Bubba's special handloads. You know, the 400gr, 1800fps loads with slightly oversize bullets and cases that have been reloaded 40 times.

Use good brass, plated or jacketed bullets and keep the velocities reasonable.

Also watch out for PGS in Glocks (Pregnant Guppy Syndrome). The cases bulge a bit and, if not fully resized, create the risk of a round that will *almost* fully chamber. It is possible for a Glock to fire when *very* slightly out of battery - something made more likely by a fat round.

And remember, Glock is a great company to deal with but they will not replace a frame for a MA resident.

ive reload for my glock 22 40s&w and have no problems i use a factory barrel, if you want to use lead in a reload than you should invest in a aftermarket barrel, my g22 shoots just fine with reloads

I have used moly-coated lead(aka black bullet) from Precision Bullets and up until a few months ago Bear Creek in my Glocks with the stock barrels. The moly coating reduces leading and work fine. Unfortunately the price saving of using this bullet over plated or FMJs isn't as great as it used to be.

Uncle Bubba here...

I put aftermarket barrels from KKM Precision in my Glocks so I can shoot lead, and hot handloads. You can see the difference in the fired cases.

Same here, KKM barrel in the G27. Good, tight, fully supported chamber, accurate conventional rifling, no pregnant cases after firing. Makes reloading the brass much easier and I can shoot lead all day long without a problem.

I have been using reloads with hard cast lead bullets in several stock Glocks with no problems for many years and over 40,000 rounds. Pure BS.

Back
Top Bottom