Glenn's reloading and ammo

Anyone know if Glenn Sorensen has opened his shop in North Reading yet?

are they going to let him now? When I talked to him about 6 months ago he was saying that he could only do mail order and gun shows.

A bud saw him at the last Wilmington show and his wife mentioned they were working on town permits I believe.
Saw him at the Marlboro show this year and they were doing paint an plumbing so I would guess it's still in the works.

Spoke to Glenn today at the Marlboro show.

He gave me a flyer about the opening.

It will be on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Glenn's Ammo and Reloading is located at:
90 Main Street
North Reading, Ma 01864
Phone978-664-0588

Hours will be:

Sun & Mon: CLOSED
Tues,Wed,Fri: 9-6
Thurs 9-8
Sat 9-4

GOOD LUCK GLENN this is loooong over due!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWNWIND

Last edited:
Purchased large pistol primers from them at the Marlboro show this weekend and the price was on par, I have been unable to find them locally. Thanks to them and will keep checking to see if the web site is working as it seems to be down now. They dropped a business card in the bag that has the www.GlennsAmmo.com address on it. If they are not up yet I will check back to see if they come up and will definitely buy from them again. Keep up the good work!

-Eric (a pleased customer)

just drove by there this afternoon to see where they're going to be, looks like they're between the music store and the pet store in that little strip of stores. There's a hornady sign in the window right now but nothing else yet.

Cant wait I will be up that way sat may 17 I hope they will be open until 4 like they say.

Good news. Always need a good local source. Plus he will be right down the street from my shop! Now that might turn out to be a problem :)

Holy Powder Cabinet Batman! He's got a huge selection of powders right now. I think he's initially limiting you to one container per type though but I saw lots of rifle and pistol powders including:

Varget, IMR4064, H4831, H110, H335, Winchester 748, HS6, Unique, Red Dot, Bullseye, 2400 and several others all 1# except for a few 8# (748, I4064). 1# prices were in the upper 20s to lower 30s (e.g. 31 for Varget)

Lots of primers for $38/brick (win & CCI) in small & large pistol & rifle, projectiles of all types from lead to berry's to hornady to pulls. Surplus ammo and factory ammo including 22LR, 9mm, 38, 357, 40, 45 and obscure/milsurp calibers from PPU.

also a nice selection of pistols and rifles including milsurps. Saw 3 Mosins (91/30), an M1917, an Inland Carbine. Too much to list, you gotta check it out.

Holy Powder Cabinet Batman! He's got a huge selection of powders right now. I think he's initially limiting you to one container per type though but I saw lots of rifle and pistol powders including:

Varget, IMR4064, H4831, H110, H335, Winchester 748, HS6, Unique, Red Dot, Bullseye, 2400 and several others all 1# except for a few 8# (748, I4064). 1# prices were in the upper 20s to lower 30s (e.g. 31 for Varget)

Lots of primers for $38/brick (win & CCI) in small & large pistol & rifle, projectiles of all types from lead to berry's to hornady to pulls. Surplus ammo and factory ammo including 22LR, 9mm, 38, 357, 40, 45 and obscure/milsurp calibers from PPU.

also a nice selection of pistols and rifles including milsurps. Saw 3 Mosins (91/30), an M1917, an Inland Carbine. Too much to list, you gotta check it out.

Sounds like I should stop by his shop. Upper $20s for pistol powders though? Last pistol powder I bought was Unique at Al's and I think that ran me like $21 about a month ago IIRC.

Good to hear about the powder, sucks that I'm at work and by the time I can get there this week it'll probably be long gone

Sounds like I should stop by his shop. Upper $20s for pistol powders though? Last pistol powder I bought was Unique at Al's and I think that ran me like $21 about a month ago IIRC.

If you're expecting cheap powder right now, have fun with that. [laugh]

-Mike

Good to hear about the powder, sucks that I'm at work and by the time I can get there this week it'll probably be long gone

I don't think you need to be too worried. There's a lot of each type and with a 1 container limit per type, he won't get cleaned out by one buyer.

The only thing that may be gone soon is the HS6 which was $27 for example.

A few other powders I saw Benchmark, Retumbo, Clays (regular), lots of the IMR 4xxx series. Some black powder stuff too.

Also sierra projectiles, ammo cans for $10 for 30 cal size, $15 for 50 cal size, both metal surplus. Lots of bulk packs of rifle and pistol ammo (308/556/40/45). Shoot N See targets, some old casting molds. Garand clips ($2) & tools.

The powder is in 2 places. There's some out on the shelves in the center lane near the back of the store but the motherload is in the wooden cabinet on the back wall which may or may not be open when you get there so you may not notice.

Last edited:
The only thing that may be gone soon is the HS6 which was $27 for example.

Yeah, I called yesterday and they were already sold out of the HS6. Said he had some Bullseye and Unique left for pistol powders. He was very nice on the phone and I appreciated that -so I'll make the 60 mile ride to check out sometime.

I went in Wednesday and asked some questions, and poked around a bit. Nice guy, decent shop, will absolutely go back again!

Anything in particular? I saw a bunch of RCBS stuff here and there. I think I saw a progressive. Wasn't paying too much attention to that stuff though.

Hello all,

Stopped in tonight on the way home lots and lots of ammo at decent prices Mr. Sorensen was quite friendly.

Transfers $25 lot of new Smith auto's he a bunch of Mosin Nagants and plenty of Milsurp ammo.

90 main street ( Rte. 28 ) N. Reading 01864 978-664-0588

you haven't been by yet?? Slacker! ;-)

Haha yeah yeah. The problem is I'm in VT monday - friday and once I get back to my office, I just want to go right home after sitting in a car for 3 hours lol.

Back
Top Bottom