Giessele AR triggers

Before you jump into the Geissele boat it may be worthwhile to debate what you are going to be be doing with the rifle. If it is a go gun that has to pop when you need it to pop right now then a Timney trigger would be the better bet. If your rifle is more of a match rifle for benching varmints then the Geissele is the one of the better triggers for you.

I had one of the triggers installed on my midterm rifle and so far have not been disappointed with it, its well made and measures up to both its reputation and price point. Plus if you need to call the company because you broke it trying to install it yourself you can speak to Bill himself and you'll learn even more how the product speaks to his dedication to the shooting sports and customer service, which I find is rare.

Anyhow the trigger has a smooth take up that leads to a clean, light, and distinct break. I dont mean distinct as in you feel a bump, it just releases and you've got a new hole inside the last hole you just shot down the range.

I'd guess at least 90% of the high power shooters (service rifle guys anyway, not sure about those space gun weirdos [wink]) I've met use the Giessele. I can think of one notable exception who uses a Rock River and is extremely competitive. I don't think most shooters would be held back by either one.

Side note:
If you want a Giessele and want to save a few bucks, take a look at the Giessele "SSA" model. It's basically a non-adjustable version (limited adjustment is more accurate) but it's like $100 less and still a great trigger. My scores actually went down at first when I switched from the SSA that I started with to the "real" adjustable Giessele. (I had my sear engagement all out of whack and didn't even know it until I had a couple of guys with more experience dry fire it for me.)

Back
Top Bottom