• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ghost connectors for gen 4's dont work so well.

I've had some issues with my gen 4 Glocks and the 5.5 and 3.5 ghost connectors. After installation it eventually stopped connecting with the sear and wouldn't let the firing pin go forward. The trigger would be pulled back but wouldn't break. I had to lock the slide back and pop off the back plate to pull out the firing pin and firing pin block. Called a friend who's a Glock armor and he said people have been reporting issues with the ghost connectors and to stay with the Glock brand parts. I later found if I had the ghost connector and tried to dry fire the gun it wouldn't work if I was pushing down and left on the slide, if I pushed to the right it fired.
I tried emailing ghost on friday saying I wanted to return the connectors. Having my friend order me some minus glock connectors and a new springs to lessen the trigger pull weight.

So I called Ghost today and they said the 9mm and g19 especially has the highest tolerances out of any of the Glocks made. THe slightest amount the connector is off would cause the symptoms I have seen. He instructed me how to modify the bend of the connector to the same as factor. if it didn't work he said to send it back and they would refund it. He also said if I wanted to upgrade to the rocket they would take the old connector as credit towards the new one.Really great customer service.

I've read of people having to make sure the bend is the same as OEM when installing LWD also. I don't think it's unique to Ghost.

FWIW, I have a Ghost rocket in my gen 4 19 and it runs fine. I also have a (new style) LWD 3.5 connector in my gen 4 34 and no problems either. May be a ymmv scenario, but worth comparing the angles before installation.

Back
Top Bottom