• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting Started - Reloading 7.62x25

Nice! I don't know if I tried that one yet but I certainly plan to. Was that with the starline brass and seating to the cannelure?

Nice! I don't know if I tried that one yet but I certainly plan to. Was that with the starline brass and seating to the cannelure?

Oh Ya forgot to mention that. Yes starline brass and seated to the cannelure. Perfect load I think.

jeezus chrizt.......dam you could fit right in with the sunset club down my way. Few guys used to bring their largest fireball guns and let them rip last few minutes before sunset...

What kind of brass catcher are you using?

I found my favorite tokarev load

Hornady 86 gr SP
7.5 gr Power Pistol
1.32" OAL (seated to the cannelure).
Starline brass

It is very accurate. Was pinging my 10" steel plate at 40 feet at a very fast pace. Nice groups. Also the recoil is about the same as surplus ammo I have. I made up 56 rounds this morning and snuck out to the range just before sunset - perfect time to see the muzzle flash of the tokarev!
View attachment 119973View attachment 119974View attachment 119975

The brass catcher worked great as long as I kept the gun directly in front of the catcher at all times. Only missed a few casings.

I had one round fail to feed then notced the bullet was sunk deep into the case with only the soft point showing. Not sure what happened.

jeezus chrizt.......dam you could fit right in with the sunset club down my way. Few guys used to bring their largest fireball guns and let them rip last few minutes before sunset...

Haha yeah I rarely shoot this late but I got tied up earlier in the day and I was determined to shoot my reloads today! I got some great video and slo motion videos, using my iPhone 6, of me shooting too.

motivator3.jpg

Haha, okay okay you win EC! I was waiting for someone to post the muzzle flash from a S&W 500 [laugh]. I'd love to try shooting a 500 someday. What powder do you use for the 500? I'll have to look in my reloading manual, but I'd imagine the 500 must use a good 30-40 gr of powder?

I loaded up a bunch for the Shirley Rod And Gun Club Turkey Shoot this coming Sunday with 50 grains of H110 under a 300gr bullet.

The public is welcome, so show up Sunday and shoot it. You might win a turkey.

Damn, 50 grains!? Those 1 pound containers of H110 I have wouldn't last very long. Shoot a 500 and maybe win a turkey, that sounds like a good time to me. It's a good drive for me in Gloucester but I'll see what I'm up to this weekend. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom