Get the shot or get discharged

Not trying to be a jerk here. Maybe things have changed since I went in so please keep that in mind.

I remember getting a crap load of shots in basic. We all stood in line and they used those guns to inject us. One after another we walked the line and bang bang in each arm.
This.

This then 19 yo walked into boot camp with his “yellow book” (because his mother had been diligent about getting him vaccinated). Exactly zero f***s were given as to existing immunizations and said 19 year old now has TWO yellow books with nearly identical sets of vaccinations.

Even at 19, I knew that the system was gonna do whatever the system wants and that I was property, not a citizen with free will and choices.

IMO, walking away 3 years in with a general seems … less than ideal, but at 21 kid can make his own choices.

It is another way to weed out anyone who questions authority. So, they will have no issue going after citizens. Remember removing anyone from the DC Capital deployed security that leaned right?

I know we will have some tough guys. But if anything the shot seems to not do much. If I were him I would get it and carry on. My 2 cents
I had 3 our of 5 rounds of anthrax on 2003......got a wicked reaction after number 2....rash on my body. They made me take round 3.....ended up in the cash at FOB spicher for 3 days with my hands swollen up so bad the skin split and rash on 80 percent of my body. I lived. No round 4 though lol

Following orders is hard but it's part of the deal.

Last edited:
My son and I had an argument about this yesterday.
He is in the medical field, was a flight paramedic for 13 years and now a year away from getting his degree as a Physicians Assistant. He has also never served in the Military.
He kept arguing about how safe the vaccine is,
and refuses to understand a persons right not to get the shot.
I kept trying to explain that this isn’t about losing a job, but about getting a Dishonorable Discharge!
Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed by his lack of understanding what the stigma of a DD is!
Big difference in civ vs mil. Mil doesn't have rights to refuse a vaccine. You follow orders or get an other than honorable discharge.

Is the shot safe? Most likely. Is the risk/reward necessary in young healthy males? Maybe, maybe not. I've heard some good arguments that it's not, especially as one can still get and transmit the virus. I think it probably should NOT be mandatory for at least certain populations within the DOD, but those are my personal thoughts. The army goes rolling along as the song goes.

This country is in a bad place. Not because of Trump, Biden, or Obama, etc, but because the media, online and on TV, has figured out they can make the most money by pitting people against each-other. There is plenty of it here, and plenty of it among my liberal friends and family. The result of this is COVID has become politicized, as has the vaccine. The positions, unsurprisingly, follow party-lines. The fact of the matter is the hesitancy among military members to get the vaccine is mainly due to politics. I've been in since 2008. Nobody ever gave a f*** about the countless vaccines, burn-pits, cleaning agents, exhaust fumes, etc. The number of guys who regularly use tobacco, drink excessively, raw-dog hookers, who now have decided the Covid vaccine is their line in the sand is only explained by politics in all but a small number of service members.

Is the shot safe? Most likely. Is the risk/reward necessary in young healthy males? Maybe, maybe not. I've heard some good arguments that it's not, especially as one can still get and transmit the virus.

This is not a good argument because it’s true for ALL vaccines. There are no 100% effective vaccines for anything.

Secondly, the vaccines greatly reduce both the symptoms if you get it and transmission.

So, yes, you can still get and transmit COVID even if vaccinated, but you and everyone around you is less likely to get sick, be hospitalized, or die.

I hope the virus mutates and we see like 30% mortality at this point
It won't touch the elites whom can hide from it and the collapse of society in relative comfort. They never face consequences for anything and that's why they act the way they do.

It won't touch the elites whom can hide from it and the collapse of society in relative comfort. They never face consequences for anything and that's why they act the way they do.

Until we rip them out of their houses in the middle of the night.

This is not a good argument because it’s true for ALL vaccines. There are no 100% effective vaccines for anything.

Secondly, the vaccines greatly reduce both the symptoms if you get it and transmission.

So, yes, you can still get and transmit COVID even if vaccinated, but you and everyone around you is less likely to get sick, be hospitalized, or die.

Fair, but I was (perhaps wrongly) under the impression that the vaccine was less effective in terms of preventing infection/transmission than other vaccines/than originally touted.

You get no argument from me that it decreases symptoms, and therefore burden on hospitals. But if this is your angle, in healthy 18-26 year olds they are rarely that sick from Covid anyway, and more attention should probably be paid to side effects. This flips on its head as age goes up.

On the other hand, most people I know who got the vaccine had a better time than those I know who got covid, even in my age group. Unscientific, sure, but probably not a bad idea.

Wut?

You mean like Trump? He got it. Herman Cain died of it. Rand Paul got it.

Which elites are you thinking of?

Fair, but I was (perhaps wrongly) under the impression that the vaccine was less effective in terms of preventing infection/transmission than other vaccines/than originally touted.

“Less than originally touted” is not anywhere near “ineffective”, and although the COVID vaccines might be less effective than *some* vaccines for other diseases, they’re still a lot more effective than others.

If I remember correctly, the least effective one is still over 75% after six months, which is still quite good.

You get no argument from me that it decreases symptoms, and therefore burden on hospitals. But if this is your angle, in healthy 18-26 year olds they are rarely that sick from Covid anyway,

This is decreasingly true with the delta variant. And.. it’s not really the point. You cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, right? You don’t do it to keep from getting sick (you’re already sick if you’re coughing or sneezing); you do it to avoid getting other people sick.

The vaccines reduce transmissibility, so someone who *does* get sick is less likely to pass it on. (To someone who isn’t in their mid 20s and healthy.)

and more attention should probably be paid to side effects.

Such as? There are no long term side effects of any of the (available in the US) vaccines. Some people have short term discomfort, but that’s true for lots of vaccines for other diseases.

On the other hand, most people I know who got the vaccine had a better time than those I know who got covid, even in my age group. Unscientific, sure, but probably not a bad idea.

Your anecdotes match the data.

How many top Dems got it despite ignoring all their own rules?

You’re asserting that they ignored all their own rules, we don’t know that’s true. We know they got caught in public violating the rules. We have no idea what they did when off camera.

But I LMGTFY’d that for you and this was one hit:

It’s a little out of date.

But let’s talk about what you appear to be implying. What do you think Democrats are doing differently than Republicans that’s keeping them from getting COVID? They’re not genetically different, or richer, or have access to special drugs. What’s different?

“Less than originally touted” is not anywhere near “ineffective”, and although the COVID vaccines might be less effective than *some* vaccines for other diseases, they’re still a lot more effective than others.

If I remember correctly, the least effective one is still over 75% after six months, which is still quite good.

The vaccines reduce transmissibility, so someone who *does* get sick is less likely to pass it on. (To someone who isn’t in their mid 20s and healthy.)

Can you provide citations for these claims?

But let’s talk about what you appear to be implying. What do you think Democrats are doing differently than Republicans that’s keeping them from getting COVID? They’re not genetically different, or richer, or have access to special drugs. What’s different?
I do think some spread to non GOPe was intentional.

The Uniparty definitely does have access to preventative drugs and treatment discouraged for use by the general public. I have zero doubts they've been popping zinc and hqz this entire time or convalescent plasma transfusions on a schedule. Otherwise statistically with all their travel, parties, fundraisers ignoring 'mitigation' measures, known not to work anyway, they'd have at least one key figure sick with the thing.

I do think some spread to non GOPe was intentional.

You mean like deliberately infecting some of their own? Do you think they volunteered, or someone decided for them, or they were infected without their knowledge?

The Uniparty definitely does have access to preventative drugs and treatment discouraged for use by the general public. I have zero doubts they've been popping zinc and hqz this entire time or convalescent plasma transfusions on a schedule. Otherwise statistically with all their travel, parties, fundraisers ignoring 'mitigation' measures, known not to work anyway, they'd have at least one key figure sick with the thing.

You're asserting "ignoring mitigation measures" without proof. Outside their fundraisers and other public events, they might be wearing masks, getting a vaccine as soon as they could, avoiding enclosed spaces with lots of people, taking vitamin-D (something we should all be doing anyway) having their groceries delivered rather than going to the market themselves, not going out to dinner, not having parties, etc. And it wouldn't surprise me if they insisted on frequent tests for anyone who comes in contact with them, including fundraiser attendees. That is, after all, what they've been advocating we all do.

Republicans tend to (not universally, but if one is going to make a broad generalization about a large population group) eschew masks, vaccines, and avoiding parties; and downplay the dangers of being in large groups. This might be a public performative display, and they're actually doing the same things the Democrats are doing when in private, but I doubt it. (And if it is just a performative display for political reasons, then they're a bunch of manipulative lying sacks of shit and shouldn't be trusted.)

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "the Uniparty". What is that? Who are they?

milktree said:

Can you provide citations for these claims?

Yellow fever vaccine works, but they don't really even know how well (but .mil gets it, as does any civilian who wants to travel to certain parts of the world)

Hep. B vaccines are between 75-90+% effective depending on age:

Flu shot is between 40%-60% effective:

Covid vaccine lowers transmission:

Did I miss anything?

You're asserting "ignoring mitigation measures" without proof. Outside their fundraisers and other public events, they might be wearing masks, getting a vaccine as soon as they could, avoiding enclosed spaces with lots of people, taking vitamin-D (something we should all be doing anyway) having their groceries delivered rather than going to the market themselves, not going out to dinner, not having parties, etc. And it wouldn't surprise me if they insisted on frequent tests for anyone who comes in contact with them, including fundraiser attendees. That is, after all, what they've been advocating we all do.
Um... I've been posting Twitter and news article links to this stuff for months, so unless you've been living under a rock it's pretty obvious the elites don't give a f*** about and aren't afraid of the virus. They're better than us shit covered tax farms, 'sophisticated' you see, we just aren't inbred enough blue bloods with ivy growing out our asses us to understand. The Met Gala and Obama's 'sophisticated' birthday bash is probably the most in your face example of the f***ing peasants mask up and shut up while the beautiful people have an orgy in front of them. The mask theater during the 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero where no one was wearing masks until the video started is another.

Gee the DNC elite never go out to eat and party... yeah sure buddy

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1439979107970846724

"ignoring mitigation measures" without proof" I dunno, maybe because they do this f***ery every five f***ing minutes.

View: https://twitter.com/JoeBorelliNYC/status/1444975024016969736

Last edited:
It’s not a DD unless the soldier foolishly requests a court-martial. Most of these will be General discharges, which still authorize VA benefits and, in some cases, the GI Bill (hopefully).

Its still a big decision, but it’s far from a DD.
This. His OTH will be upgraded after 6 months of separation with a paperwork shuffle then he can put all his VA shit in. These guys are lucky they are only threatened with OTH’s. We got threatened with a GCM and DD if we denied getting the Anthrax Vax. Good thing we found all that Anthrax in Iraq.🤔🤔

If I was your son I would get it. That anti bat juice don’t work anyway and if it did, it don’t stand a chance beating out everthing DoD has poked him with anyway. Best of luck to him and thank him for his service.

Back
Top Bottom