Gecko Biometric Handgun Safe

Bought one from their website thinking it was a great idea for my bedside. http://www.geckobiometrics.com/ What a waste of money. After trying to reprogram my finger and thumbprints 20+ times, the best it would do is recognize me about 50% of the time. It was worse for my wife and only recogonized her about 10% of the time. Not what you want in a "just in case of emergency" safe. I tried calling the number listed on their site and found it to be a private cell phone with a generic automated voicemail. Kind of unprofessional. No one would return my calls. Tried emails to all the email addresses listed on their site. No replies. Tried to create a shipping label with USPS to return the unit to their shipping address (PO box) and USPS said their zip code listed is not valid. Looks like I own a $350 paperweight. Any of you guys in the market beware. Avoid Gecko Biometrics at all costs. They give new meaning to take the money and run!!!

Go with GunVault. I've had mine for 2 years and never been locked out, it is also still running on the same batteries that I put in when I got it.

I wanted the biometric feature which is why I passed on the gunvault. It would be great... if it worked every time...

THanks for the info Jammin. I had no idea. I was just on their site checking it out. Looks good. Also, just heard back from Gecko finally. Got the correct return shipping address. Will be sending back today and ordering the gunvault bio. Thanks much for the info!!!

As proved by the "new" Massachusetts system for verifying LTC holders as valid purchasers of handguns, "biometric" fingerprint ID systems are fraught with complications that undercut reliability.

Update. Got the Gunvault Bio. Works 100% every time. Not one error ever. Same for my wife. Now this is a nice product. Gecko was probably the most unprofessional outfit I have ever delt with and I advise everyone to stay away. And to top it off their product does not work.

IMO biometrics still have a long way to go before they're viable in terms
of a handgun safe.... IMO in general they will take too damned long when you
need to get at the thing the most. Just stick to a DAC sport safe or the
like, or even one of those safes with the simplex locks on them.

The lockboxes that work -only- with fingerprints are a sham, at best.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom