• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

gas masks

i have a SAS gas mask it is form BRITAN SAS was tested in 2004 whats the shelf life of it and the filter i have it in a camo carry case.

no its not in a sealed can i have two other czech gas masks they are sealed in a can the SAS is a plastic round filter it is sealed in a square nylon camo bag sealed in velcro.

The filter is dead.

To keep active filters, they need to be swaped out every month or so if they're not kept in the sealed cans. The sealed cans have kind of a sardine can opener on them to open. Inside is the filter can, not sardines (unfortunately).

If against something like VX or the like, most of those can be absorbed through the skin anyway. The full MOPP getup is what makes it survivable.

Make sure there are no cracks or leaks in the mask. The best way to do this is to put your hand over the filter intake and breathe in. There shouldn't be ANY intake at all from anywhere on the mask. Not even a tiny tiny bit. Zero, none, nada.

Well, actually correct one thing. The filters are still effective against some airborne contaminants like CS or some other lighter inhalation chem agents.

The best way to do this is to put your hand over the filter intake and breathe in. There shouldn't be ANY intake at all from anywhere on the mask. Not even a tiny tiny bit. Zero, none, nada.

You also want to check the outtake also and make sure you have a good seal there, called a positive and negative pressure check. Any air or whistles and you want to tighten your mask or get a different size.

You also want to check the outtake also and make sure you have a good seal there, called a positive and negative pressure check. Any air or whistles and you want to tighten your mask or get a different size.

yes thats right this size fits me perfect i guess i need to buy new filters then

Back
Top Bottom