Fun Pin/Steel Shoot @ Singletary Today!

Not sure who on here goes to Singletary Rod & Gun, but they had a fun rimfire pin shoot and centerfire plate shoot today. It was my first time going and I won 3 out of my 5 matches! Looking forward to the next one, non members are welcome too. We had 27 shooters today! I'll see if I can get a copy of the schedule if anyone wants to go. They are on Sundays @ 9am for the most part, $5 bucks to enter.

Glad you made it. It is a very good group of folks.
January shoots are the 13th and 20th. Signup begins at 8:30 and shooting starts at 9:00. We shoot bowling pins/small metal targets with .22's.
One 10 round magazine for six targets. You shoot man on man for 5 relays. We then shoot six steel plates, max 6 rounds loaded. Man on man, 5 relays.
$5.00 for each division (rimfire/centerfire) and pay back to the top 3 in each. Points are accumulated over the season for top 3 in each division as well.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the schedule. Looking for places to do rimfire rifle on steel :)

These are pistol only shoots. Next one is 1/20/2013 @ 09:00. Sign-up begins @ 08:30.

We had a record turnout yesterday with several new faces in the crowd. When I started shooting these 2 years ago, we had 12-15 people shooting at targets on two tables. Yesterday we had 32 shooters and set up six target tables for the first time ever. Come on down and introduce yourself. I'll be the big guy running the line. [grin]

Hey Mike, its Anthony, I was at the first shoot using my Ruger 1911, I couldn't make the second one due to work. Hope to see you at the next one though!

Glad you made it. It is a very good group of folks.
January shoots are the 13th and 20th. Signup begins at 8:30 and shooting starts at 9:00. We shoot bowling pins/small metal targets with .22's.
One 10 round magazine for six targets. You shoot man on man for 5 relays. We then shoot six steel plates, max 6 rounds loaded. Man on man, 5 relays.
$5.00 for each division (rimfire/centerfire) and pay back to the top 3 in each. Points are accumulated over the season for top 3 in each division as well.

Is .22 only size allowed?, I'm looking for a .45 class. No experience in competition, but would love to have some fun

Thanks for the info. Gotta check my schedule. I had fun and appreciated all the advice people gave me. It was rather disheartening for the first rounds to be zeroes.

will this event still be held in the snow? id like to attend, this would be my first plate shoot. how many rounds should i expect to shoot?

will this event still be held in the snow? id like to attend, this would be my first plate shoot. how many rounds should i expect to shoot?

Did you make it? If not, the next one will be on 3/3/13.

We (typically) shoot five relays of each center-fire and rim-fire. That would be a minimum of 50 rounds of .22 and 30 rounds of center-fire ammo. If we have a shoot-off for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, you may shoot a few more. If like this weekend, people move very slowly due to the cold, we may only shoot four relays.

See you on the 3rd.

I make it over often for the shoots. Good times for sure and a very nice range.

They do AR shoots as well. 250 yds open sights. They also do a lot of black powder stuff.

no i didnt get to make it, and the next falls right on my aniversary which plans have been made for. soon i will get out though.

Back
Top Bottom